“Secret Weapon”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The food here isn't great, it's somewhere on the "decent" to "OK" spectrum, but they have an in-house secret weapon: the Pineapple Habanero salsa. This was frankly the best salsa I've ever had in my life. I would buy buckets of this and bathe in it if I could. Go to Cha Cha Cha at happy hour, order a $3 Negra Modelo / Corona and get the $2.50 nachos; ask for the pineapple habanero dip; prepare for a life changing experience. And yes, of course it's spicy.

1  Thank solabiz

Reviewed January 6, 2013

After few days of stay at Oahu, we had a craving for mexican food and this place turned out to be on par with our expectations...food was delicious and exactly what we needed.

1  Thank Mohit1984
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Went to this place on the recommendation urban spoon and tripadvisor, and the best thing I have to say is that the waitress was nice. An hour after ordering, couples that got there half an hour after us got their food, so we left without eating. That was the last straw so we left hungry. Very disappointing. I don't know how the food was, but really if the service is this disorganized, I have serious concerns about the kitchens ability to produce 4-5 star food as other reviews on urbanspoon and tripadvisor claim. I felt like I was served by Whitney from the Bachelor Canada. We ended up going for vietnamese down the street and got served in 10 minutes.

1  Thank sean r
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Here is our experience in a nutshell: lively atmosphere, friendly waitress, and bland mediocre-at-best food. Guac was fine, fresh and reasonably good. Fish tacos were not great. They just didn't have much taste. A carne asada (grilled steak) burrito was terrible. Totally overcooked and grizzled steak. Jerk chicken tacos were pretty blah. We did like the pineapple salsa, but when they first sat us we were told they had run out of chips. Are you kidding me? They did end up bringing us some chips a few minutes later, but still. The refried beans had no flavor. The portions ate huge, which for many might compensate for the food but that is not our thing. So overall a fairly mediocre meal. I liked that they have Sierra Nevada and Negro Modelo on tap.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Such great food and service! This was attached to our hotel (Seaside Hotel Waikiki) and am so glad I tried it! The food was fresh, delicious and unique. The drinks were great and the Pineapple Habanero Salsa? WOW...a MUST have!