“Close.To ZJapan”

Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We Showed Up At 7Pm, Kinda Busy But That's What You Expect At A Restaurant Like This. Hostess Was Sweet And Sat Us Down Immediately. Chef And Waiter Was Funny And Professional With My Gf And I. Food Was Amazing, Loved The Cooking Show. Money Well Spent!

There are newer reviews for Tanaka of Tokyo West

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great place for dinner and some entertainment, the food quality was great, our chef and waitress were very friendly. I'm not a big saki guy but we tried one and it was the best cold sake we ever had...definitely would recommend a nice dinner here while in Honolulu.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Met some friends at Tanaka, it was a fun evening. Our chef was really funny and great at his acrobatics of teppanyaki cooking! The food was prepared very well and had great flavor. I had the shrimp (I always forget that you get shrimp with your meal even if you did not order them!) Anyway, my husband had the salmon. Friends had the steak and chicken and we all had the garlic fried rice, miso soup, salad and they even give you yummy ice cream for dessert, all for one price. Look in the local coupon book for your 10% off your bill. It was a pretty reasonable meal for all you get in the heart of Waikiki! Would definitely do it again if in the area.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This restaurant is definitely worth a visit, the food is cooked to perfection by your chef, and it was great as I don't eat fish/seafood so he cooked my meal first. We were given a small bowl of rice to accompany our beef/chicken. Would book as this place gets really busy. Simply Fabulous!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My son and I walked in with no reservations after 5 PM on a weekday. Bountiful meal. Attentive service; I drank a lot of water during dinner after our walk form the hotel to Ala Moana Mall! Pricey but worth it!

Been to Tanaka of Tokyo West? Share your experiences!