“Good Thai restaurant after a long day”

Singha Thai Cuisine
Ranked #1,734 of 2,471 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I am not one to say if this is authentic Thai food or not, but I can say all family members liked the food, both young kids and older adults. Some dishes were better than others (the soup was great!) but overall food and service was better than average. This was at night so there was also a live dancer there that really added to the atmosphere.
Overall I would go back to Singha Thai Cuisine if I stay at the Waikiki village but will not go out of my way to visit this restaurant if I'm staying at the other side of town. It is a really good restaurant but not exceptional. If you like Asian cuisine and you are in the area, definitely consider this restaurant as your dining place.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This restaurant was close to our hotel, so we thought we would try it out. It was expensive, our food was undercooked, and the staff, while not bad, could not make up for it.

We do not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am not really sure why Zagat survey said this was the best Thai food in Honolulu. I can only imagine that Thai food is really bad in Honolulu. The food I had was not bad, but I would say, mostly made for the American palate with a lot of cream. I have been to Thailand 7 times and I do not remember Thai food like this.
Every dish was unreasonably expensive. No rice comes with dishes and you pay $2.75 for a small bowl of rice. You pay $5.50 for light beer and $5.75 for imported beer. The price of a glass of wine starts from $8.50. All appetizers are in the $8-9 range. Main dishes start around $17.50. Special Thai dishes costs $37.
I went there really early because I had to catch the airport shuttle at 7 p.m. I had to spend time so I had to keep eating or drinking. I started with the papaya salad and was huffing & puffing. I asked it spicy. Again it was not bad, but I expected it tastier for the price. Chicken in Green curry was the same, not bad, but not that good for the price.
I talked to the waiter who was very nice. Apparently only the cook is Thai and all others are Koreans. That is what is important, to have a Thai cook! I am sure there are good dishes in this restaurant. Since I had only papaya salad and green curry I cannot speak for the other stuff. But, I left the place thinking, never again!

1  Thank SunnyW358
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Thai restaurant is worth a visit. They have a variety of Thai dishes; enough to satisfy any preference. Among other dishes we had their pahd Thai, which was quite good as were all of the dishes we ordered. The service was prompt, but we didn't feel rushed. It's not fancy be still the decor is interesting. Be sure to walk through the entire restaurant to see everything they have on display.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had the Red curry dish and the vegetable strip fry. It was just okay. Not even a good as the local strip mall Thai restaurant in Edmonton. Small portions. For $18.95 per dish, I expected much better.