“Hit and Miss”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I ordered 3 appetizers as a meal instead of ordering an entree. I had two great items and two not so great. First, the lemongrass chicken soup was out of this world. It had just the right amount of flavor. One suggestion I would make is to grill the chicken or cook it separately with seasonings instead of boiling the chunks in the soup. It's a small detail, but would have made it a world class soup. However, the broth, the mushrooms and onions were spot on. Second, the green papaya salad was "meh". It tasted like cole slaw with a so-so dressing. Pricy for what it was. Finally I ordered the chicken satay as my entree. YUM! The peanut sauce was perfect and the chicken grilled thin and perfectly. A cucumber salad accompanied the satay and it was bland. It tasted as if the cucumber was thinly sliced and nothing added. I asked for a balsamic vinaigrette to add which made it good. It's overpriced for what you get. What was good was very good, but what was not, was bland. I'd just order the soup and the satay and call it a meal.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

After waiting a really long time for our food, we received substandard service and food. To top it off the bill was unnecessarily high.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Great for the first night and not sure where to eat. Prices were right. Actually it great any night. Be sure to give yourself some time before closing cause sometime they are so busy that they run out of foods. Yes, people like this place that much.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Meand my 3 daughters decided to have supper there one week day evening . I started off with nice cold and tasty Singha beer .First of all our waiter was cool dude and even though i was stationed in Thailand during the war and was familiar with Thai customs and food,he was very helpful and went out of his way to make our dining experience a great time.. The food was supurb.Each one of us ate a different dinner and we shared each others food . Very good !! Seems like the girls enjoyed the sticky rice. Ate so much , no room for dessert .

Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you staying in the vicinity of the Hilton Hawaiian Village, Singha Thai is within walking distance. The food was good, but the overall value and experience at best was average. If you have limited time, you may want to give see what else Waikiki has to offer.