“Sit at the sushi bar”

Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Sit at the sushi bar”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I've been to this restaurant before and really enjoy the casual atmosphere and wide selection of food. A great place to go with a bunch of friends. Order a lot of dishes to share. But have never sat at the sushi bar until this weekend to celebrate my daughter's birthday. We ordered whatever the chef recommended and was not disappointed. If we had sat at a table we would have ordered the same ole thing that we always eat.

We had mahogany clams, poached and served lightly sauced, sliced, in the shell...delicious. In fact just about everything we ate was specially prepared. Fish "chips" to snack on, made from the salmon head sliced really thin and deep fried. Yummy with beer! Anago eel (instead of the usual Unagi eel) served with a special nori to wrap it in, Spicy ahi nachos on nori "chips"(which he gave us as a sample. Chef said that if we like it, to order it next time we come), Salmon nigiri with ikura (salmon roe) topped with okra and grated frozen lemon. So creative and well thought out.

All that plus chu toro and hamachi sashimi, and a fabulous Natto ice cream sundae. Must try it! Unexpectedly good.

Tell the chef what you like then let him create. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013

Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
“Get the nachos!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great value! Get the nori nachos! Sit at the sushi bar and talk up the chefs, let them talk you into the black sesame gelato.

• Visited October 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“make sure they bill you correctly”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great food overall ... but make sure you check your bill. My friends and I split the bill 4 ways, the cashier charged 3 of us equally but charged the full bill amount on the 4th person. The cashier / waitress made no apologies of the error.

• Visited August 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“Great Sushi away from touristy Waikiki”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Ordered grilled octopus and teriaki squid-yum. My sister and I were surprised with the freshness. Would go there again.

Visited September 2013
tarzana ca
“A must walk through or eat through the menu!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

A must walk through or eat through the menu!!!

#1 Sake Dynamite... I cannot believe of all 4 nights I did not try it until the 4th!!! Salmon, avocado, mushroom, and a little spice goodness. I really wish I could find this in LA CA. Hauntingly great and unique.
#2 All the poke. My favorite is the Jalapeño
#3 Salmon Salad is number 3 but only because everything else is so goo too. Ordered it 4 nights in a row and often wished I ordered 2... of the full salad.
#4 The Corey Tofu. I would love to have tried all the tofu on the menu.

I love this place and cannot wait to come back.

• Visited June 2013