“Very good!”

Murphy's Bar & Grill
Ranked #265 of 2,357 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Incline Village, Nevada
“Very good!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were very happy with the food here, attractive place and nice service staff. My husband loved the shepherd's pie made with chunks of lamb. Another time we had the big, juicy burgers with Bass Ale ( and many others available) on tap. The real treat was dessert, a chocolate pot de creme which was amazing, rich, dark and creamy.
It is not too far from Waikiki, near the edge of Chinatown with parking nearby and is a nice change from the mostly very pricey restaurants in the tourist area.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Winter Haven, Florida
“The only place I felt welcome in Honolulu”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very friendly place with a great selection of beer. The food is what sets this place apart from most Irish Pubs. friendly people at the bar and the bartenders make you feel at home.

• Visited June 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Beautiful, popular local pub & restaurant”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

While I only had lunch, I find Murphy's to be completely charming and mostly satisfying. Some traditional fare one would expect but also quite a few fresh specials and healthier choices. The service is excellent and there's plenty of TV screens to keep you updated on sports scores. A fine choice at the intersection of downtown and Chinatown.

• Visited June 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Fave Irish pub on the island!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

This has been, and always will be one of my favorite bars on Oahu, and THE favorite Irish pub hands down for both my hubby and I. I have been a patron of Murphy's since I could drink, have gone each year to the fantastic St. Patrick's Day bash they throw as part of the block party downtown Honolulu (Don, the owner even stands by the door as the throngs come in and hands out leis to the ladies during that bash!), had my first mini-date with my now husband and even took our after party from the reception of our wedding there just recently.
The decor is dark, deep and earthy as you hope in an Irish pub, there is both shuffle board and darts to keep you busy if you aren't one to just sit and drink, the food is pretty darned good and the staff is hands down the best! The bar side is my favorite and I have been going since the days of Wayne and John as bartenders, and have been lucky enough to keep John and add Chad as my favorite guys behind the bar! I really do love them all, but I get hugs and kisses from those guys, and who can pass that up?? :) I suppose that is enough raving, but if you like to have a good time, in a place almost like "Cheers" where everyone will indeed know your name (or at least try to remember it), and you like the Irish pub scene...this is a must go!

Westminster, California
“Defiantly going back when we travel back to Oahu !!!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great irish bar ! Excellent corn beef & cabbage and John was a great bartender ! My husband and I had a fun time !!! Loved the people and the atmosphere ! Defiantly going back when we travel back to Oahu !!!

• Visited April 2014