New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Murphy's Bar & Grill
Ranked #241 of 2,210 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Beautiful, popular local pub & restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

While I only had lunch, I find Murphy's to be completely charming and mostly satisfying. Some traditional fare one would expect but also quite a few fresh specials and healthier choices. The service is excellent and there's plenty of TV screens to keep you updated on sports scores. A fine choice at the intersection of downtown and Chinatown.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars

• Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Fave Irish pub on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

This has been, and always will be one of my favorite bars on Oahu, and THE favorite Irish pub hands down for both my hubby and I. I have been a patron of Murphy's since I could drink, have gone each year to the fantastic St. Patrick's Day bash they throw as part of the block party downtown Honolulu (Don, the owner even stands by the door as the throngs come in and hands out leis to the ladies during that bash!), had my first mini-date with my now husband and even took our after party from the reception of our wedding there just recently.
The decor is dark, deep and earthy as you hope in an Irish pub, there is both shuffle board and darts to keep you busy if you aren't one to just sit and drink, the food is pretty darned good and the staff is hands down the best! The bar side is my favorite and I have been going since the days of Wayne and John as bartenders, and have been lucky enough to keep John and add Chad as my favorite guys behind the bar! I really do love them all, but I get hugs and kisses from those guys, and who can pass that up?? :) I suppose that is enough raving, but if you like to have a good time, in a place almost like "Cheers" where everyone will indeed know your name (or at least try to remember it), and you like the Irish pub scene...this is a must go!

Westminster, California
“Defiantly going back when we travel back to Oahu !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great irish bar ! Excellent corn beef & cabbage and John was a great bartender ! My husband and I had a fun time !!! Loved the people and the atmosphere ! Defiantly going back when we travel back to Oahu !!!

• Visited April 2014
Honolulu
“Busy for downtown business lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

You need to get in the door before noon if you expect to get seated quickly. A wide variety menu, from salads to shepherd pie to corned beef and cabbage. Nothing I had was exceptional, but nothing has been bad either. Service is very good. The hostess is consistently awesome. Murphy does so much for the community and UH sports, how can you not support him? Seems like every business man and woman are there for lunch.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank DT808
Calgary, Canada
“Very popular with locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a Wednesday at 1145. It was already packed for lunch. Appeared to be mostly business people. Had a delicious burger ( hadn't had one for months). Ordered fries crispy & was served that. Tap beer selection was very limited with St. Patricks Day less than a week away. Under normal circumstances, they have a great selection. Wait staff are very pleasant

Visited March 2014