“Under new management: *major* step down”
Review of Pyramid - CLOSED

Pyramid
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Pyramids **used** to be a great place to go - one of the only good Greeky-kinda places, with good prices, good, solid food (and plenty of it) and nice greek house wine. Oh, and they had a belly dancer for entertainment too. I **used** to take visiting family and friends there.

As of a few months ago, there's new management. They don't have a liquor license, so it's BYOB and there's no easy place around to get a bottle of wine. They've stopped taking any kind of discounts at all. There's no belly dancer. The food is pretty much the same, but the service is now slow, uninterested and lackluster. When I was there back in Feb, the waitress was actually drunk.

Huge step down and, to be honest, no good reason to go there anymore. The food is fine, but there's lots of alternatives in Waikiki / Honolulu, and considering the parking issues along Kapahulu at night....eh. See how the reviewer below says "The place was surprisingly empty on a Thursday night."? That's because Pyramids is no longer worth the effort.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I don't think I've been to an Egyptian restaurant before, but the menu looked Greek to me - maybe they're the same? No matter - I love Greek food anyway. The place was surprisingly empty on a Thursday night. The baba ghanouj was surprisingly sweet, yet otherwise bland. My date had the beef and lamb shawerma, which is essentially gyro meat that comes from the supplier pre-seasoned, so can't go wrong there. I had the lamb (can't remember the name of the dish), but the 'special blend of house spices' was a whole lot of salt and pepper - overwhelmingly so. My date couldn't try a second bite of it.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

On our annual trip to Hawaii, we always make a pilgrimage to the Pyramids. We enjoy the belly dancer, who did a fabulous show! The food is solid and is definitely among the best Middle Eastern restaurants. It is now under new management, which has given the restaurant a long-needed interior makeover. It's relatively small but beautiful inside now. My only complaint is that they had some difficulty handling our medium-sized party of six, with my food being a bit on the cool side when delivered.

Reviewed December 24, 2011

Best lamb kabob I have ever tasted....wonderful! I have always wanted to go back for another visit, but moved out of the Kaimuki area

Reviewed December 16, 2011

The food here is excellent. It has a fine selection of different and varied Egyption dishes and spices. The lunch buffet is exceptionally good and a treat for anyone.

4  Thank Alexander C