“Buffet”
Review of The Willows

The Willows
Ranked #326 of 2,421 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Weren't here for the wedding. It was nice place for a small wedding. The decor was nice with chapel, garden and water fall. Nice buffet with local and American cuisine. Yummy desserts.

1  Thank Justmelane
There are newer reviews for The Willows

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The setting is delightful--open air, waterfalls, lush tropical garden. The buffet allows sampling of lots of Hawaiian treats. Some are quite ordinary, some not what I'd order again, but lots of very good options. As a poke fan, havIng half a dozen varieties to sample was heaven! For an introduction to Local cuisine, this is a great place to go.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

If you are craving or wanting to try real local food, go to The Willows. It is a buffet of the most delicious food I have ever eaten on the island. My aunt and uncle took me for dinner and I can't stop thinking about it. The ambiance is beautiful, but the food is what will hook you.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've been coming to The Willows for as long as I can remember and that covers a very long time. I was on a business trip recently and had a chance to grab lunch there, my first time in almost a year maybe and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food.

It is a buffet these days, but the new executive chef, Miles Miyamoto does a great job with his team keeping the food fresh and keeping the old time taste of some classic local dishes like Chicken Long Rice and Lau Lau.

The atmosphere is straight out of pre-WWII Honolulu, which is a big part of its charm.

4  Thank scottca075
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

So our tour company booked a group lunch here. The food was just okay, but the service was good.

Our bus drive us through some not so good areas to get here, but it was an easy drop off for the bus we walked through the entrance into an outdoor courtyard. The landscaping must have been wonderful in its day, but it looked a little run down w stagnant pools of water or empty ponds.

The staff was ready for us and we were seated immediately. The buffet had a lot of Asian options. The people in our group tended to stay with what looked familiar - there wasn't many takers for the oxtail stew or the tripe soup. The desserts were more readily accepted and eaten. I did note that there was a lot of food left on plates. I enjoyed the stir dry veggies and the pineapple ice cream.

This place was good to feed a large group quickly, but I'm glad I read the other reviews so that our expectations were not too high.

1  Thank breoni