“Good sushi in Oahu”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We recently went here with a group during the week before my destination wedding. We are all California sushi snobs and this restaurant held up! The choices were good and the portions were huge. I found this place online - I wanted somewhere out of Waikiki - and then a local told me it was good. They were right. Easy to access, out of the fray and higher prices of Waikiki. Would have gone back if I had more time!

Reviewed August 25, 2010

We were looking for a good place to have sushi away from the tourist trap while visiting the island. We heard of CalBeach from several locals and decided to try it out. The sushi was outstanding and the service was great. This place is the best value on Oahu for sure.

1  Thank icu812sd
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I asked a couple of Honolulu residents where to go for Sushi and they recommended this place. It was clearly not a tourist trap - food was good and moderately priced (for sushi). Sat at the Sushi bar; rolls were good and fresh, the service was quick and pleasant. I didn't like the spicy edamame, but other than that I would definitely recommend this place!

The Stuntman and Gandubie rolls are very very good!

2  Thank jenjen95
Reviewed February 20, 2009

This Ward Center area asset offers multiple signature appetizers including an outstanding butterfish in addition to "creamy mermaids" (their version of crab rangoon, but with shrimp). I have eaten lunch and dinner here for over 3 years, and have not seen the likes of the flavor in the "Stuntman" or "Crunchy" rolls. I have always had wonderful service and the best price for sure on island for this quality!

1  Thank gynonc
Reviewed February 6, 2009

The food is AWESOME better than any other rest/sushi bar in HAWAII> >>Good portions, tasty, specialty rolls are the bomb and the STAFF keep it rockin and rollin. Really recommend the CRUNCHY ROLL, AHI TAR TAR, CHESTER CHICKEN, CEASAR SALAD, SUPREME STEAK, MERMAID, SO much more to choose from! Go and check it out for sure. Might be crowded but it's worth the wait!

1  Thank grindsHawaii