“A Great Late Bite”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were looking for something good to eat and we had read that Kaka'ako was a place to eat great food. We were not disappointed. There are different selections, from Sandwiches to Salads to warm meals. And they give you big portion that you can enjoy later on or the following day. Service was also great. The employees were eager to help us in decide to what to eat. They have an outside setting where you can see life happening. Give a try you might enjoy.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've been going to Kakaako Kitchen ever since it opened. Everything I've tried here is good. I especially like their salads and the dressings they come with. The Seared Ahi Chop Salad has big chunks of seared ahi with a oriental dressing. I love the Spinach Salad with Crispy Calmari with a french type of dressing. Another winner is the Island Style Linguine and 5-Spice Shoyu Chicken. They also have daily specials.
They keep the tables and kitchen areas very clean and their service is great. They deliver the food to your table and they don't skimp on their portions so it's a good thing that the food is served in a take out plate. You can always take the left overs home.
Highly recommend this place if you are in the Ward/Kakaako area in Honolulu.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Gourmet food in a box is the concept of this place. My tempura catfish was plentiful and delicious. The loco moco kalua pork made my wife's day. Our companions, who rate this place their favorite island food eatery, tried the chicken fried chicken and weren't disappointed. Kaka'ako Kitchen is a mandatory stop every time we visit Honolulu.

1  Thank foodhoundBurbank_Ca
Reviewed December 11, 2012

A couple of years ago, I was shopping in the area, when I stumbled accross Kaka'ako Kitchen. There was a promotion going on in the mall where vendors were offering items for $5. KK was participating with 4-5 offerings for $5. I had the sweet chili chicken. It was fantastic! Tender chunks of chicken fried to a golden crisp served with a sweet chili glaze over top. It came accompanied with a small green salad and a scoop of brown rice. I enjoyed it so much, I returned once more the following week. It wa so longer $5, but a much a Iarger portion for around $9. I later learned that the chef is quite a well known chef, owning a higher end sit down restaurant. This place is more casual: you place yourorder at the counter and they'll give you a number to place on your table. Although there are a few small tables inside, the outdoor seating is much more pleasant. Just keep an eye on the turlte doves!

This year, I was back in Honolulu, so I dragged my companion to this KK...all the while singing it's praises. (He's quite the foodie, so there was certain amount of pride riding on my recommendation). Happily, we was just as impressed as I was. We ordered the tempura fried catfish and crispy pork chops with onion gravy. The catfish came as 2 nicely fried pieces of moist fish in a light crispy batter, sprinkled with black sesame seeds. Served with a choice of green or mac salad and a scoop of white or brown rice. The pork chops were breaded fried (not everything on the menu is fried, if that's what you're wondering...it just turned out that's what we ordered)with a rich brown onion gravy. To my surprise, there was a scoop of stuffing served with the pork chops. This also came with a choice of green/mac salad and white/brown rice. Prices were in the $10-$11 range, but you could easily pay $18-$20 elsewhere for the priviledge of tablecloths and metal silverware!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have always had great, distinctive plate lunches here. Unique recipes, if you want more "traditional" plate lunch, head for the nearest L & L. I like the brown rice and green salad options. The fresh/specials are always worth a look. Service is good, usually a long line between 12-1. After ordering, they bring to your table. Half of the time I eat there and deal with the birds, otherwise head across the street to Ala Moana Park and eat there.