“Good food for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kakaako Kitchen

Kakaako Kitchen
Ranked #207 of 2,340 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Hawaii
“Good food for the money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Good local food and mainland food. Good deals and the food is good.

Visited June 2012

• Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Local delights served for breakfast lunch and Dinner extensive menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

A varied menu served in cardboard boxes very popular with the Locals and tourists too.
Daily specials $9.19 include meat loaf, stuffed cabbage,Katsu Curry and so ths list goes on.
We shared a rueben sandwich pastrami, sauerkraut,swiss cheese served with curly french fries.
There a number of sandwiches and burgers to choose from.
Open from Sunday 8am-5pm
Monday-Thursday 8am-9pm
Friday & Saturday 8am-10pm

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank rosemaryc438
Plano, Texas
“Not your typical chain food restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Walking around the Ward Center area, and looking for a place for lunch (sorry David & Busters, McDonald's, etc. won't do while I'm in Hawaii), we stumbled on this place that was full of locals on the outside patio so we decided to try it. It was the "plate lunch" style that I've always heard about, so we had to try it. Glad we did. Simple, and most importantly not the same ole chain food stuff. I have to agree with another review, that the patio is not so strategically placed across from some dumpsters, but that does not seem to detour patrons. We'd eat there again.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank KDG_TX
Los Angeles, California
“Used to love this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

On our recent trip to Oahu, my husband and I made it a point to go to this place for lunch. On prior trips, the food was great.

On this trip, we were both disappointed. My mahi mahi sandwich, which I asked to be cooked well done, was bloody-purple rare in the middle, and slopped with a sauce and mayo. I took it back for more cooking and the staff seemed to think it was my problem that the fish was rare. When it was returned to me, there was even more sauce and mayo on it, which made the taro bun a big soggy mess.

I ate the fish, but I probably shouldn't have, because I had stomach problems for the next 2 days.

My husband's pulled pork sandwich didn't make him sick, but it was nothing special.

Too bad, this place used to be so good! Won't visit again.

Hawaii
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I never get tired of eating here, and have never had a bad meal. The food is always great.

Visited March 2012