“Great experience”
Review of Tiki's Grill & Bar

Tiki's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tiki's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 2,454 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Paokalani Ave.
Description: A hip, open-air restaurant with a retro South Pacific design and experience, Tiki's Grill & Bar features a menu highlighting the flavors of the islands prepared in an open exhibition kitchen. The restaurant appeals to residents and visitors alike and draws the late-night crowd with live contemporary Hawaiian entertainment every evening. Tiki's Grill & Bar provides a casual American and Pacific-Rim menu with flavors of the islands, using fresh local produce. Tiki’s offers lanai seating with beautiful sunsets on Kuhio Beach.
Reviewed March 13, 2010

My husband and I were in Waikiki and decided to try Tiki's. The roof top bar appealed to us, so we thought we would give it a try. We had drinks and an appetizer as well as sandwiches for lunch. We were very impressed with the food and the service. We just so happen to be in the neighborhood the next day and were hungry so we decided to try it again. The food and service was equally as good as the day before. The view is great and very relaxing.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,594)

Reviewed December 11, 2009

We found Tiki's the year they opened so have to go back each time we're in Waikiki. The bar seems to be a lively place in the evening but we go there for dinner. The food is consistently good especially a seafood pasta dish and their signature salmon. They do a nice basic turkey dinner if you're there over Thanksgiving (one time we hit a fabulous Thanksgiving buffet but the last couple years it was just the basic dinner). The trees have grown up and block most of the ocean view but the lanai is still a wonderful place to sit above the street and glimpse the setting sun and evening beach activity.

Reviewed November 2, 2009

Watered down cocktails, long black hair on pinapple slice ( which I pointed out to our waitress), then to top it off our waitress managed to smash both glasses over us.... and yet no discount offered!

Give this place a BIG miss. Lovely, yummy cocktails for the same price at Dukes Outrigger Waikiki.

BillTobin, Owner at Tiki's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2009

We're sorry for this guest's experience at Tiki's. We take great pride in showing aloha to our guests. If you ever feel like you're not getting a great experience, please don't hesitate to ask for a manager. We'll make it pono (right) before you leave.

Tiki's is one of the few places in Waikiki that allows their bar staff to "free pour" drinks, most often resulting in stronger or "stiffer" drinks. But many frou frou tropical drinks are made to hide or "mask" the taste of the alcohol. So be careful if you don't taste it, after a couple you'll know it's not watered down.

As for the comment regarding Duke's, we love it their too, they are our friends and we always wish them the best of luck.

Reviewed October 1, 2009

I went to Tiki's Bar and Grill with my husband to listen to a local band that we both enjoy. We ordered draft beer and listened to the music. Before finishing our second beer I paid the tab as we were going to leave shortly. I got to the last mouth full and got a sharp pain in my mouth, At first I thought the hard pieces were ice but thinking it over I decided to spit out the beer on the table and to my horror it was shards of glass! My mouth was bleeding and a piece of glass was stuck in the back of my throat as well as under my tongue. The manager was called and my husband was asked to fill out some kind of form. The manager then offered me ice cream! Can you belive that! . I left and went to the washroom to get the piece of glass out of the back of my throat by coughing eventually it came out. Needless to say it was very painful, also I was worried about what I had swallowed. The manager wished me luck. The following day I decided to phone and talk to another manager who offered me a free meal for my husband and myself. I thought this wasn't good enough under the circumstances then I talked to the owner he offered me the same thing. I decided to just get my money back for the beer I'd bought. He said he would ask the waitress for the tip back but I declined, she was the only one who said she was sorry. I will never go there again as this experience has left me feeling horrible!

2  Thank pikakekid

Thousands of people come to Tiki's every week and we care for, and share aloha with every one of them. We were very surprised when this incident was brought to our attention. While we dispute the facts as they are written, we were still very sorry for this guest's experience and tried to accommodate her requests.

That said, we refuse to make "large cash settlements" without first filing with our insurance company. The threat of negative online reviews does not change that policy.

Fortunately, this guest did come in again only a few days later and enjoyed several beers on us. We hope to see her and her husband again sometime soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2009

Five of us ate here a few nights ago. Tiki's is in a great location, and has a fun feel to the restaurant. We read the menu online and were excited to try the pupus, drinks and main meal. The menu makes the food sound awesome! Well, the best thing about the meal was the warm taro bread served with banana butter. That was excellent! We all started with cocktails, 3 of us having the tropical drinks in the cute tiki take home mugs. The drinks were so watered down and sweet, I had to ask for a shot of rum to add to mine. We ordered 4 pupus, 2 of them were a good size, the others very small for the price.
For dinner we all ordered fish, mahi mahi, salmon and butterfish. The butterfish was excellent, cooked perfectly. the other fish was very overcooked and dry, plus did not have much flavor. We were generously sprinkling salt on the meal. The food here isn't inexpensive, main meals in the $25-$30 range, pupus averaging $15 each! When I complained about the dry fish, we were asked if we wanted it cooked again. the place will accommodate you, however, you shouldn't have to aske them to redo a meal!
All in all, go for the atmosphere and a beer. Forget the pupus, and beware of overcooked fish.

2  Thank SFOF/A