“Surprising food on the tourist strip”
Review of Tiki's Grill & Bar

Tiki's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tiki's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 2,430 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Paokalani Ave.
Description: A hip, open-air restaurant with a retro South Pacific design and experience, Tiki's Grill & Bar features a menu highlighting the flavors of the islands prepared in an open exhibition kitchen. The restaurant appeals to residents and visitors alike and draws the late-night crowd with live contemporary Hawaiian entertainment every evening. Tiki's Grill & Bar provides a casual American and Pacific-Rim menu with flavors of the islands, using fresh local produce. Tiki’s offers lanai seating with beautiful sunsets on Kuhio Beach.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

It was late, our luggage was lost, we were starving. We headed here expecting mediocre food and to be ripped off. It was a bit pricey, but imagine our surprise when the food was quite excellent! We just ordered appetizers (and a few over sweet drinks which we regretted). The Island Ahi Tartare Tiki Stack was so delicious I am honestly surprised we didn't order 3 of them. The tuna was perfectly minced, the avocado added a little heft without overpowering, the garlic crostini was a perfect compliment, and the quail egg (of which I was initially skeptical) really tied it all together. It was shocking for what seemed to be a loud, tourist establishment! Although that was our favorite dish, the Prime Rib Poke is not to be scoffed at either. Tender cubes of Prime Rib on a lovely aoili.

All in all, everything we ate and ordered was great. To top it off, the staff was fantastic!

Owner_TikisGrill, Owner at Tiki's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Aloha,

Thank you very much for the positive comments. We work hard to offer good food and friendly, efficient service, and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mahalo,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good happy hour...prime rib poke is tasty. Wine-down Wednesdays features all wine half price by glass and bottle. Nice selection. Great views. Attentive service.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was in Hawaii over Super Bowl weekend and ended up at this place to watch the game. Despite the poor quality of the game, I thought this place was good enough for repeat business nightly. There are inside/outside options for seating but I sat at the outside bar. The balcony and view is fantastic and I thought the bartenders did a good job. I sampled a few items from the lunch (hot wings and salt and pepper shrimp) and dinner menus (Hawaiian Plate) and it was all pretty good--especially the shrimp. There is nightly music at the balcony. I'd definitely visit this place again.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Prime rib was to die for. Make sure to make an early reservation maybe about 630 645.. wonderful view of the sunset right across the street. Housed with a hotel that offers free valet parking for 3hrs for visitors of Tiki's

Aloha Misty,

Isn't the prime rib just amazing? It never steers us wrong. I hope this means we will be seeing you again soon!

Mahalo,

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Great food...local flavor, but top chef quality. gluten free indicated on the menu. Ken was a super waiter.. overlooked Waikiki Beach..

Aloha!

Mahalo for taking the time to review Tiki's Grill & Bar. I will be sure to commend Ken on his exceptional customer service.

Hope to see you again soon,