“Decent food, nice staff, GREAT location”
Review of Tiki's Grill & Bar

Tiki's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tiki's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 2,492 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Paokalani Ave.
Description: A hip, open-air restaurant with a retro South Pacific design and experience, Tiki's Grill & Bar features a menu highlighting the flavors of the islands prepared in an open exhibition kitchen. The restaurant appeals to residents and visitors alike and draws the late-night crowd with live contemporary Hawaiian entertainment every evening. Tiki's Grill & Bar provides a casual American and Pacific-Rim menu with flavors of the islands, using fresh local produce. Tiki’s offers lanai seating with beautiful sunsets on Kuhio Beach.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This restaurant has balcony seating overlooking the beach. Decent food, nice staff, great location, and good drinks!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,698)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Excellent reception by friendly staff - lovely atmosphere, comfortable table seating, great menu, fish specials outstanding. This was an exceptional dining and location experience for a special occasion!

Owner_TikisGrill, Owner at Tiki's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Mahalo for giving us such wonderful feedback! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us! If you ever visit the islands again, we hope you come back and see us again! Aloha, Bill.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We choose to have our Wedding Reception at the Coconut Club. My guest's thoroughly enjoyed our event. Cocktail hour was 5-6. The Bride and Groom provided 3 cocktails per person and opted for buffet package, so we didn't have to pick between beef, chicken or fish. We had all three! Kahlua pork, Mahi-Mahi, teriyaki chicken breast and a Prime rib carving station (definitely worth the extra charge per person). We had ordered coconut shrimp and brushetta that was said to be "to die for". That did not go so well. I paid for 2 of each per person. I wish the staff served this to us because some of my hungry guests did not adhere to a appetizer portion serving and the bride and groom never saw it. Just as we finished apps and drinks the sun began to set. From the top of the Aston Waikiki it was spectacular! The staff was fabulous. We were assigned a host and a bartender. We hired the recommended DJ which was....just... ok for the price. I had to provide all my music on a CD and in turn he played it through Boze speakers. Months of arranging songs and minutes invested for that benefit. My Venue was a Friday night, so we enjoyed the Fireworks display by the Hilton Hawaiian Village ( I took credit for planning the show ;-0) lol.

So, what I did not like at all.... The rented Venue was pretty much a HUGE outdoor only patio with NO DANCE FLOOR and no inside AC to cool off from the toasting SUN. To have your first dance on the patio between tables was not to impressive or special. I would suggest a Coconut Club investment in a fold up wooden dance floor to lay down for weddings. There is enough room for a group to gather around inside for ( first dance, daddy-daughter dance, parents, bouquet and garter toss). That part was most disappointing as I had strategically choose the songs and times for all of these special dances. The view over Waikiki Beach was breathtaking! ALL of the food was very good. I would highly recommend Michael and his staff for your affordable, great food , fabulous view event!!

Owner_TikisGrill, Owner at Tiki's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Mahalo for having your event at Tiki's and we hope that we help your create memories for a lifetime. In ten years of doing weddings in the Coconut Club, you're the first to suggest that an investment in a wooden dance floor. We think that's a wonderful idea and we'll look into it. Warm Aloha, Bill.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Visited Tiki's three times..it was close to my hotel........it has super friendly waitstaff guys and gals both and the sandwiches I had were really good (club and hamburger)
They also had a great happy hour....but the staff kept bringing me back.

Owner_TikisGrill, Owner at Tiki's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Mahalo for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your latest visits with us Mimi! It is so nice to hear when our customers enjoyed their experiences, from the food to the service, with us. We will surely pass your praises along to our staff & we hope you'll come back and visit us again soon! Aloha, Bill.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Amazing ribs and good service for a large group over 12. Friendly attentive staff and a great atmosphere.