“Tiki's is a toss up to say the least and this long review will elaborate on why.”
Review of Tiki's Grill & Bar

Tiki's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tiki's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 2,430 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Paokalani Ave.
Description: A hip, open-air restaurant with a retro South Pacific design and experience, Tiki's Grill & Bar features a menu highlighting the flavors of the islands prepared in an open exhibition kitchen. The restaurant appeals to residents and visitors alike and draws the late-night crowd with live contemporary Hawaiian entertainment every evening. Tiki's Grill & Bar provides a casual American and Pacific-Rim menu with flavors of the islands, using fresh local produce. Tiki’s offers lanai seating with beautiful sunsets on Kuhio Beach.
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We ate here the first evening of our trip (its sadly important to point out this was INSIDE the restaurant). I enjoyed the Mahi, it was superb and perhaps the best I have ever had. My wife had the chicken parmissian, I thought it was OK, my wife not so much. Overall, we were happy and our waitress was amazing, great with recommendations and very nice I only wish I could remember her name to provide her the credit she deserves.

The following evenings (2) we tried to enjoy a few cocktails OUTSIDE on the lovely patio but that proved difficult to say the least. Aside from a friendly bartender, both waitresses who served us had sour attitudes. The first was just curt and had an attitude where whatever you said came off as an insult to her while second completely ignored us! Literally ignored us - it was just obnoxious, we had to flag her down after she went to her other visible  tables around us (several times over while ignoring us the entire time. Also her fawning over the male staff by the computers and customers was just unprofessional - do not touch someone's hair in front of customers then serve food, it's unsanitary) just to get our check to pay. Had this gal made the drink the tip would have been $0. Let's put it this way, my wife and I are laid back people and we found the need to complain to a manager, a first for us. The hostess was very pleasant and showed concern over our experience, though the manager (Ed) seemed to care less making the comment "Oh Kristie? She's amazing." No apology at all, though at least he goes to bat for his employees. He was however pleasant and willing to listen.

All in all, we're here for another week (important to point out that to us the outside waitresses were so bad we wrote this review while still on our vacation - our positive reviews will be written when we're back home) and while I LOVED the food the OUTDOOR service has ensured I will not be back. Sadly a few bad apples just ruin this place from being truly great dining and drink experience.

1  Thank DMDavid

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Tiki's Grill has some of the best food in Waikiki and we love the atmosphere! Keep up the good work.

1  Thank John G
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We were celebrating a birthday when we went to Tiki's bar for drinks. We had to wait about 20 minutes before the waitress came over and took our order and that was only because our table was in her way. Our table was right near the bar, so logically it shouldn't take very long to get out drinks from the bar to our table. We waited a long time for the first round of drinks only to have the tray of drinks spilled on one of the people in our group. We had to wait even longer for the drinks to come again. They told us they would comp us for the drinks, especially my friend who had gotten covered in blended drinks. They didn't comp anything, instead they double charged us and refused to rectify the situation. Needless to say they ruined the night and none of us will ever be going back. (Sucks for them because we live in town).

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I spent our aniversary at the aston and ate the majority of the time eating at Tiki's. The clams are to die for and the service was awesome. Returning soon!

1  Thank SteffanieG
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We had our wedding reception in Tiki's 'Coconut Club' on the 21st floor, overlooking Waikiki beach on September 30. We planned the whole event via email from Australia and were expecting a few hiccups on the day, but everything turned out PERFECT. All the staff were super friendly and helpful, the food was delicious, some people commented it was the best wedding food they've ever had. The view is the best you could imagine, photos really don't do it justice. Overall we couldn't be happier with our decision to go with Tiki's and would highly recomend them!!

11  Thank GrantAndKell