“No special occasion meal in Honolulu, like Chef Mavro”
Review of Chef Mavro

Chef Mavro
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Mavro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #187 of 2,454 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, French, Hawaiian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: McCully
Transit: From Waikiki get on TheBus #2 (School St./Middle St.) at Kuhio & Seaside. Get off at S. King St. and walk 10 minutes to Chef Mavro 1969 S. King St. Taxi is recommended. If driving, parking lot entrance is from S. King.
Description: Taste the flavors of Hawaii and Provence paired with exciting wine pairings that earn the highest food rating in Hawaii (18/20 Gayot). Flexible course menus include lobster, wagyu beef, onaga, pork, lamb & local produce. Romantic occasions & business entertaining. Executive Chef Jeremy Shigekane and Pastry Chef Jose Calpito add exciting contemporary style to the award-winning menus. Don't miss the sustainable caviar & the Grand Tasting Menu. Mavro's brigade of young chefs share his philosophy: always buy the best and freshest, buy local, treat all products with great respect, and start afresh every season with new ideas and creative recipes.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I live in Honolulu, and this still rates as my number one fine dining location in Honolulu, and one of my favorites in the world. My partner and I dined here again, and the service and atmosphere complete the meal. Donna Mavro always makes you feel like you are coming back as a repeat guest. With the menu changing seasonally, every visit is slightly different, with still the same comforts of the last visit. Don't eat much the day of your visit and take the 6 course tasting with the paired wines. The staff do a good job of selecting the wines democratcally to go with the food. When my mother visits from California, we always make a special trip to Chef Mavro. Don't even try and mince words that it is pricey; it is. But the experience is well worth it. Daniel was our main server this visit, and we have had him in the past, and he is amazing tableside...knowledgable and friendly. Can't wait for the next visit.

2  Thank 160AdamH160

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Four of us had a wonderful meal at Chef Mavro. The presentation was lovely, and the food excellent. Their wine pairings are perfect, and well matched. The wait staff was incredible, really knew what they were doing.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I would rank this dining experience above the French Laundry. I like the more comfortable atmosphere. We did the food and wine pairing, 6 course. And, what was nice, if you don't like something you can switch out a curse. Waiter was wonderful and we enjoyed the experience, we will return when we come back to Oahu.

1  Thank Melinda&Eric
Reviewed October 28, 2012

service is hit and miss, but overall good. food is classic yet innovative. wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! it's a definate special occasion destination.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Hi There!

This is our third visit, and it was perfection. I did the grand degustation, and CM kindly made an exception to allow my wife to have a smaller dining option. We booked a few months in advance as we do each time we travel to Hawaii. The food was amazing as always, and the service, perhaps a step up from our last visit (Not that it's ever been anything less than great). Our waiter spent time clearly describing our dishes, something that we have felt in other places can be a little rushed.

We will be back again for sure. If you have any doubts about a reservation here, let me assure you it's a memorable experience and highly recommended. It's one of perhaps 3 restaurants we return to over and over again, which says something, as we love new dining experiences.

Make sure you get on the email list, it's almost like being there!