“Fun place”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This restaurant has been decorated perfectly and is very colourful. The Mexican taco food is spot on and tastes as it should. The drinks are huge, service friendly and efficient. Great for families.

There are newer reviews for La Cucaracha Mexican Bar & Grill

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stumbled on this place just before the end of happy hour. Server was super friendly and we took his advice on trying the Carnitas - oh my gosh sooo good. View was fantastic - we took a table looking out to the beach. Was our first meal in Honolulu so its set high standards for our trip. Gratuity was added to the bill which was helpful for us.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We sat on the second floor patio overlooking the street below and it was quite fun to watch the strollers. The food was good enough, spicy and expected, the service was great, and the prices were decent.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went here one night as it was close to our hotel and it had been a long day so did not want to walk to far. When we entered we asked for a table for 2. She said there will be about a 15min wait which was strange in itself as there were quite clearly about 6 tables free. She told us to go to the bar and have a drink or two while we wait. We order a couple of drinks & the bar tender gave us our drinks. I handed over the money and she said no I will start a tab for you. I said no thank you. From that moment on she was rude. So no tip for you!!! After 20 min we said to the door person we are leaving & suddenly a table became ready. Our food was average and the prices are bit expensive. On the up side our waiter was great. He was friendly. We tipped him based on his service. Not a place I would recommend.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We went there about a month ago because to be honest the outside of the place looked fun and inviting! But boy were we wrong!! The food was below average. I ordered a taco salad and it was so small and just pathetic! On top of it, they charge for refills? Are you kidding me?? charge for refills? We honestly asked if they charged for tap water since everything you asked for was 2.00 or 2.50 more. What ticked me off more was the waitress kept saying things like "oh well it's just 2.50 more". Ok waitress, I get it. It's not that we feel its expensive but it's just bad customer service. It was borderline rude. I used to be a bartender before I was a nurse so I know tips matter and she is the very first person in my entire life I tipped horribly! I don't think it's right to serve overpriced food, charge for refills including kids refills, and then everytime you try to order anything it goes like this "do you want this sauce with it? its just 2.50 more and then if you want another refill its $2.00 more and then if you want to sub fries its this much more blah blah blah" awful!!!!

1  Thank Ashley V