“Nice gluten free options”

Cheeseburger In Paradise
Ranked #89 of 2,441 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed at the hotel right next to this place and ate here a couple times during our vacation. They have a few gluten free option which was nice including a cheeseburger and some salads.

The burger was good and the salads were great! Good enough that we came back.

A few things to note though: in the evenings it got real busy with lines out the door and down the block. This continued until after 9 or 10PM each night. We tended to get there earlier for a late lunch or early supper and that worked better. It is not a very big place so it fills up fast.

It is right across the street from the beach, but it is on the ground level so there isn't much for views from here.

They had a really nice 16Oz beer mug with an etched Hawaii theme that I bought - that was a nice keepsake. A little pricy...but so is everything on Oahu! Thanks for reading.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

The burgers are great. I recommend the Hawaiian burger with pineapple and teriyaki. I also like the burger with pineapple and avocado. Happy hour runs from 3-6. Certain drinks and appetizers are priced by the hour, i.e. $3 from 3-4, $4 from 4-5, and $5 from 5-6. Timing works well if you've just arrived and haven't adjusted front jet lag.

Have eaten here a number of it times. The staff have always been outgoing and friendly. Items can be a bit pricey. We split a side order of onions rings and it came with four rings. Tabs typically run $30-40 for two. But I still recommend the place.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My friend and I had the misfortune of eating there when visiting around the end of December. The restaurant was slammed, so it took a long time to get our drinks (15-30 minutes after being seated). We almost (and should have) left, but then our drinks arrived. We made the mistake of ordering food from their deep fried menu. Again, the food took ages, for burgers and fries. When my burger finally arrived, the bun had 2 bottom pieces. Both were stale. Also, the chicken burger had the consistency of either cardboard or plastic, and a taste to match. Other reviewers have complained of this as well. The fries also weren't great. I'd say the food at McDonalds is much higher quality, so if you want that kind of food, faster service and cheaper prices, I would suggest McDonalds. After eating there, I was surprised to learn there is more than 1 location of this chain.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were frustrated by the high costs of substandard food in Waikiki, so this was a great find. The burgers are some of the best I've had, great onion rings, Cobb Salads, guacamole, and drinks. We had their french toast one morning on Hawaiian bread, which was flavorful and filling. The staff were very efficient and friendly and went out of their way to help. Above all, the prices are reasonable and the food was high quality.It is right across from the beach and Yogurt Land.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Food was below average and service was worse. Music so loud that you could not talk to other in the party. Not very clean.

1  Thank Karan D