“Best Sushi Ever”
Review of Sushi Sasabune

Sushi Sasabune
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Sasabune is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 2,539 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Keeaumoku St.
Transit: South King street and Keeaumoku street by bus.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Was recommended to try this on my last night in Honolulu, was a bit reluctant as some of the recommendations can be tourist traps - not this place.

About 2 miles from Waikiki easy to get to.

Make reservations as you will need them, it's a bit pricey compared to what most people have had for sushi before.

I had the 13 course tasting menu and it was excellent and felt full which is unusual for sushi.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

My friends brought me to this restaurant claiming that it has awesome sushi on the island. My friend ordered a la carte. I ordered omakase that consists of about 20+ pieces of seafood. I've been to Sushi Yasuda, Sushi of Gari, BUGS, Nobu and Bond St in NYC. This experience was of simple fresh sushi with intricate taste. The uni was buttery and melted in my mouth without the fishy taste in some other restaurants. They served a clam soup and cooked lobster tail which was great. I prefer the raw seafood. I've been wanting to go back ever since. Perhaps I will try Sasabune in manhattan.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

So delicious! Best meal ever!! The staff is amazing. The chef is a magician! I am on awe of the experience I just had.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I've had sushi all over including some of the best in Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. This place takes the case. Yes it's pricey. Yes it's worth it. I haven't eaten in a better restaurant. Ever. Go to this place, even if you have to crawl. It is the best ever.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Not sure what all they hype is about! I've been there before and it was good but this time around, I was not impressed. The seafood wasn't that fresh. Maybe I just came on an off day, maybe I have a more discerning palate, but with all the other sushi places in Hawaii, I won't be back to Sasabune.

1  Thank seplin2003

Been to Sushi Sasabune? Share your experiences!