“Awesome Food but a bit pricey”
Review of Sushi Sasabune

Sushi Sasabune
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Sasabune is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 2,471 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Keeaumoku St.
Transit: South King street and Keeaumoku street by bus.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Was on a binge sushi/sashimi spree before moving to Cambodia so Japanese food was pretty much all I ate during a week in Honolulu. Loved Sushi Sasabune for the quality of food and the creativity shown in the design of the dishes. Not quite convinced that the extra price than the more average Japanese restaurant was worth the price. If price is not an issue, you need to go! :)

1  Thank GreatFoodisHeaven

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have eaten a fair bit of Sushi and Sashimi in my years, in some of the most highly regarded places, and this was the best I'd had.

Reservations ARE required, we didn't book because we had read reviews here that said it wasn't required, and they kindly allowed us in. Service is a little .... Abrupt initially and we had troubles with them instructing how to eat it, but when we relaxed and thought about it, it's because they know how the food is best received and to be fair, considering how excellent it was, I was happy to let them guide me.

I've never had warm rice, and that was something really special.

The signature dishes were mind blowing, I had full on foogasms!

We will definitely return there for sure. Staff warmed up a little toward the end.

2  Thank networkn
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Besides them actually putting the food in your mouth, they did everything else for you ! Service here is unlike service anywhere in the world ! They get to know what you like and dont like, they explain where each piece of sushi came from, how its made and how to eat it (soy or no soy, wasabi or not etc) You do not get bombarded with food, they bring it to you as you eat it. This restaurant should win awards.

1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Better than I imagined it could be. Brought the family, including three adult children, all sat at the bar and got the omakase and everything was five star. The fish was as fresh as it could be, even though all corners of the world were represented. The service was over the top! We loved the "Sushi Nazi", because he backed it up with one killer plate after another. I think my son bowed out at 12 plates and I made it to 13. Not cheap, but you don't go to the Bentley dealer to get a Kia!

1  Thank Matt C
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Can't say enough good things about this restaurant! The food is out of this world and the service is outstanding! Make sure you make reservations (my husband and I did not and had an hour and a half wait on a week night) - the restaurant is very small. We decided to order a la carte off the menu as opposed to their set menu. Although expensive, the sushi is the freshest we've ever had. Highly recommend this restaurant!

3  Thank kimber1228