“*****”
Review of Sushi Sasabune

Sushi Sasabune
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Sasabune is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #176 of 2,471 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Keeaumoku St.
Transit: South King street and Keeaumoku street by bus.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Besides them actually putting the food in your mouth, they did everything else for you ! Service here is unlike service anywhere in the world ! They get to know what you like and dont like, they explain where each piece of sushi came from, how its made and how to eat it (soy or no soy, wasabi or not etc) You do not get bombarded with food, they bring it to you as you eat it. This restaurant should win awards.

1  Thank Chris C

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Better than I imagined it could be. Brought the family, including three adult children, all sat at the bar and got the omakase and everything was five star. The fish was as fresh as it could be, even though all corners of the world were represented. The service was over the top! We loved the "Sushi Nazi", because he backed it up with one killer plate after another. I think my son bowed out at 12 plates and I made it to 13. Not cheap, but you don't go to the Bentley dealer to get a Kia!

1  Thank Matt C
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Can't say enough good things about this restaurant! The food is out of this world and the service is outstanding! Make sure you make reservations (my husband and I did not and had an hour and a half wait on a week night) - the restaurant is very small. We decided to order a la carte off the menu as opposed to their set menu. Although expensive, the sushi is the freshest we've ever had. Highly recommend this restaurant!

3  Thank kimber1228
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The sushi chef here prepares his sushi using warm rice (standard wisdom for sushi is room temp)....I didn't care for the warm rice concept and they didn't seem to want us to bring in our toddler one time and had kind of a primadonna vibe for me.... Hmmm, but #1 rated in Honolulu...#1 is hard to argue with......maybe I should go back and enjoy sashimi sans rice..seems like his fish quality must be something else...all of this kvelling about the restaurant...one more try in the near future....

1  Thank LOVEnLIVETOEAT
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great service and a very warm atmosphere, however, was disappointed by the food. Unfortunately we both got a little sick after a trip to Sasabune, although followed all suggestions by the waiter. Could it be because we ordered from the menu? The omakase version seemed to be more adventurous. There are better sushi restaurants in Honolulu.

1  Thank JulsVern