“Third times the charm”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

So my wife wanted sushi and suggested this place. As you see below the two other times wasn't a good one.

I lost the battle and we ended up here. I went in with a fair and open mind trying to forget my past visits so my review be fair.

We went on a very busy night and was seated almost immediately on the counter. I didn't mind at all.

The staff was very courteous to everyone which I really enjoyed. We did order from the belt but majority of our dishes was ordered from the staff and made fresh. This time everything was Onolicious. The calamari was hot and tender, the chicken karaage was moist and perfectly prepared.

But once again I watch this dish of corn sushi go round and round for the entire time we ate. Tsk Tsk Tsk!

I suggest that you try the garlic salmon, tempura green beans and the salmon with onions. Don't forget an order or two of the calamari and Chicken karaage.

DON'T pick from the belt just order from the waitress. It's FRESHER that way.

Guess I'll go back!

1  Thank Shane F

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I ate here with our two children. The kids were intrigued by the conveyer belt sushi delivery system. We ordered half our food off the menu and got the other half off the conveyer belt. The ordered good was clearly made fresh-rice was warm and fish was cold. The service was quick and prompt. We were told we'd have to wait 15-20 minutes, and we only waited 10. But we went for an early-ish supper-around 5:45. There were many more people waiting when we left. Parking is a challenge, so we parked in a nearby lot and walked in.

I'd recommend this for the experience and for the inexpensive sushi, but if you're looking for really good sushi, go elsewhere.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Sorry everyone but I went here twice and both times was terrible. You might say why go back? I always give establishments a fair shot I mean can it be that bad twice in a row? This place was.

I watch this one piece of sushi go in circles for over 30 minutes. I don't know how long they leave it on but this piece wanted off.

The calamari was very rubbery and the sushi was small with little rice. Even the chicken was dry. Come on guys!

I can say that I'll never go back.

1  Thank Shane F
Reviewed May 28, 2014

There are more than a few of them in Honolulu, and I believe the most popular one is in the Ala Moana Shopping Center. Avoid the meal time, otherwise, you can expect to wait. Although it is not the top sushi place, but it is more than adequate to satisfy average sushi lovers. The best part is that it does not cost much.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

the food is usually of good quality
service has been hit or miss for me
I like the variety don't like when there are long waits for a seat
Prices are reasonable
Parking limited buut usually can find