“Not your typical Buca di Beppo”
Review of Buca di Beppo

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Cross street: Ward Avenue
Transit: Buca di Beppo Honolulu is accessible via multiple Trolley/bus lines - Auahi Stop
Reviewed October 11, 2012

What a dive. Smelled like athletes foot, and the food was hot in one spoonful and cold in the other. The garlic bread was hard, dry and old tasting. Very disappointed.

bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Please accept our apologies for your experience. We have forwarded the information to management and would love to have someone reach out to you. Could you email us your contact information to mamacares@bucainc.com? We always appreciate opportunities to better serve our guests. Thank you.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I had a rare lunch out with my wife today. She chose Buca di Beppo and had a coupon that was emailed to us stating you would get a lunch item free with the purchase of another item of equal or lesser value. You know the drill. It’s the familiar retailing BOGO format. I handed the waiter the coupon while ordering two like priced items (chopped anti-pasta salad and a loaf of mozzarella garlic bread) and he said he couldn’t give us the credit for the bread. I said the coupon does say any lunch item and I was holding their lunch menu. The waiter became upset so I suggested that he consult with his manager to make the decision of how to handle this. He returns to say the manager wouldn’t allow it, so I asked that the manager come to the table. The manager never came but the waiter returned to say the coupon would be honored. We also ordered coffee with our meal. Two coffee cups full of coffee arrived. The coffee was refrigerator cold. When the waiter did return I stuck my finger in one of the cups stating that normally this would burn. This time it doesn’t hurt because the coffee is ice cold. With a smirk on his face he said the coffee urn had broken down last night and that’s all they had left over. He was clearly upset that we complained about it. Much later a woman, perhaps some kind of manager (no name tag or introduction) comes to our table with two cups of hot coffee. She said these were brewed from their Mr. Coffee machine as their regular urn is being serviced. The chopped anti-pasta salad we ordered was not chopped, as remember it being on past visits. It was cut in large irregular pieces and not that good. The garlic bread was toasted to a hard crispness. I was tired of talking with these people so didn’t say anything more. When the check came I charged it leaving .01 as a tip. I hope this sends a message to not only the server who didn’t have his act together but to management who wasn’t managing. My wife and I are committed to getting our money’s worth when dining out or we’re going to speak up. With the big prices we are all paying today we deserve the best. When customer service fails miserably, as it did in this case, don’t be afraid to let them know with a penny. It must be insulting to be the recipient of such a gift. I hope they get the point – we pay for what we get.

bucalove, Guest Relations Manager at Buca di Beppo, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great atmosphere, decent food, large portions, good service. Located not far from Ala Moana shopping center but not sure if there are buses that run from Waikiki to the restaurant (I had a rental car)

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Busy Busy but the food was exceptional!! We definitely recommend this restaurant if you are in Oahu!!! The small platter easily feeds 2 almost 3 we had a salad bread and our entree and had more than enough left overs of all. The sauce on our shrimp was beyond yummy...very pleased. When they come around and take your picture smile they will come around and try to sell it to you...very nice but ask for the price without the frame...worth the purchase as well.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

When you charge $10 for small quarter-loaf size of garlic bread, something is very wrong. When that same garlic bread has just butter and a minimal amount of garlic, you know the rest of the meal is bound to disappoint. The inflated bill and small portions are not enough to overcome a festive decor.

Been to Buca di Beppo? Share your experiences!