“Nice atmosphere, average food”

The Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #520 of 2,430 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I've eaten here only once, years ago before Yelp was born.

ATMOSPHERE:
This place is huge! I personally love the dark wood and decor. It reminds me of the haunted mansion in Disneyland and the former Spats restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Maui.

FOOD:
Minestrone soup - This accompanied my entree. Unfortunately it was luke warm at best, with a mild flavor that wasn't very tomatoey as I'd like.

Garlic mizithra spaghetti - This dish needs some major moisture. It was so dry. The spaghetti was drowning in an avalanche of the mizithra cheese, and was tossed with crispy bits of bacon, basil, and not enough mushrooms. The portion is generous for the price. This pretty much is a carbonara dish minus the green peas.

DESSERT:
Spumoni ice cream - The single scoop came with my entree! I love it. The other flavor available was vanilla.

SERVICE:
The greeting at the host stand wasn't the most friendly or welcoming, nor did we receive a thank you when leaving. So sad.

Our male server was great. Very professional despite having to deal with a crazy family next to us complaining about a Facebook deal gone bust.

OVERALL:
Nice ambiance, good prices and great combos!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

This location is great, there is a parking garage that is attached to this strip mall, and guess what, you do not have to pay to park, and there is always plenty of parking available. The restaurant is on the upper level, but there are stairs, escalator and an elevator to make your way up to the establishment.

Once you arrive and open he large doors you are greeted by a nice shot of air conditioned spaghetti aroma. The wait staff is very professional, and seat you in a timely manner. The food is amazing, from the bread and salad, all the way to the ice cream at the end.

The only complaint I have about the restaurant is the hours that they are open, as I wish that they would stay open from lunch through dinner. But other then that I would recommend this Spaghetti Factory to anyone in the area

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had dinner at the Spaghetti Factory, and it was a very excellent night. We were seated very promptly, had excellent table, and had absolutely fabulous service. We got our food very quickly, it was very hot and absolutely fantastic. The flavors were great, and the presentation was excellent. I had the spaghetti with Mizithra, and the wife had a combination plate. The service was very prompt, and we were extremely satisfied. I've been going there ever since the early 1980's and it is still just a great as it was then.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

okay this is not
fancy dining but the atmosphere to me is kind of fun and the food is decent with reasonable prices
good for a family dinner outing
maybe not so much for a date with the objective to impress
but for my money this is a good reliable place to get decent portions and friendly service
and not a bad location in the Ward area
Just do not go in expecting the ultimate in dining experiences
way chaper than that chain place across the street and just as fun to me

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This restaurant located in the key shopping area of Honolulu offers good quality Italian fare in a comfortable setting. Service was excellent, portions generous and some intersting furniture for some great photographs.
We're not talking high end here, But as a tired tourist was above our expectations.