“Classic Dive-In food with Hawaiian twist”

Like Like Drive Inn Restaurant
Ranked #236 of 2,454 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Reviewed November 2, 2012

24 your diner... classic third generation diner.. was once a drive in. Located near Ala Moana Center and across from WAlmart and Sam's Club entrance. This is a classic place in the registry of landmark restaurants in Hawaii started by immigrants from Japan and is still family owner and operated.. and it shows. The food is good, standard diner fare .. nothing fancy and they have everything .. the price is fair and actually cheaper than Waikiki. Tired of the franchise food of Waikiki.. the hotel foods and the chains at the Mall.. head down the road ... I had the Ox Tail soup luncheon special .. could not finish so much food.. it came with fruit cocktail in one of those little place clear bowls.. funky like when we were kids.. even a white bun lost in time warp.. a bowl of cow tail... fresh ginger, corn, real mashed potato.. so good.. comes with coffee and desert. $12... saw so many great dishes coming out of the kitchen.. each I wanted to try.. from the teri steak, to the butterfish to the loco moco.. the burger.. can not wait to go back and check out the other menu items, liver and onions and definitely eat the big breakfast oh and they have an awesome Lemon pie that is worth going just for desert. http://likelikedriveinn.com/restaurant-menu/

1  Thank Kamakanuiahailono

Reviewed October 11, 2012

average but good for a quick bite, i had something like crepes, breakfast was good, prices about average $6-$& for a burger

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Before checking into my hotel I made one stop, to my favorite drive inn, Like Like!! I ordered their delicious fried rice, spam, and eggs. I've ate a lot of fried rice over time and their style is thee best. I then proceeded to drink 4 cups of Kona coffee, it was pure liquid dessert. Every one of the staff greet you and smile. I surprised my daughter and brought home a Like Like t-shirt. Don't leave the island without a trip to Like Like.

1  Thank njoynlifeCalifornia
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Simple, good, affordable local food always available. Service made me feel I was at my aunt's place. I just wish the menu had more to chose from, however, I understand that might be why it's still affordable.

1  Thank DouginAK
Reviewed July 10, 2012

it had a been a while since we'd eaten at Likelike Drive In on Keeaumoku St. but we had time to kill before heading to the airport to pick up someone. We went early dinner time, it wasn't crowded at all. We're glad we went, a good choice but don't expect fancy. The food is traditional Hawaiian Style comfort food. Complete meals come with soup (or fruit cup) and salad, entree (with white or brown rice, fries or mashed potatoes), vegetables, dessert and a drink. Oh, don't forget the dinner roll and saltines, if you ordered soup. My wife had chopped steak and I had hamburger steak with onions and brown gravy. Hardly gourmet but good tasting nevertheless. Sandwiches, steaks, salads, chili, saimin, fried rice, plus nightly specials, all on the menu. Likelike Drive In has been around for many years, serving the same local style comfort food. Open 24/7. Breakfast served any time. Ample parking. Friendly and attentive wait staff. Cash and "plastic" accepted but no checks.

1  Thank heybrah