“Fun time with family”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Chef was engaging. Food was very nice especially the garlic fried rice. Great service and ambiance. We will return.

There are newer reviews for Benihana

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

The server was not very interactive with our table which was 2 separate families. He never brought out things that were supposed to be included in our meal. The chef messed up more times than I can count, dropping tools, never got the shrimp tail in his pocket, and skipped several tricks. My husband and I ended up watching the chef at the next table over and we felt cheated from the experience. Our first time and probably our last!
The food was decent but not wanting to pay $50+ per meal we went with the cheaper options and you could tell. I guess I expected more from such a classy restaurant!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

YUM YUM YUM. Fantastic food. We had the banquet. We ate so much food and couldn't believe how cheap the bill was, compared to Melbourne fine dining Japanese restaurants. They also have a photographer that goes around to take photos of you, which you can then decide if you would like to purchase. Kind of makes you feel privileged when you look around and see photos of famous people (MJ himself!).

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a group of 18 and had teppenyaki. The service and food was great, the kids loved the experience and so did the adults. Highly recommended!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have been to several different Benihana's in the states, including this one in the past. We were vacationing with another couple in Waikiki and decided to treat our friends to a Benihana experience since they had never eaten at one before. Our friends were impressed and I have to say the food was very good (Filet Mignon, mixed veggies, fried rice w/garlic, soup and salad.) However, the prices have risen above what I believe would be considered reasonable. The Koreans opened a Benihana-like chain in the Maryland-Virginia area called Sakura (I know, Sakura sounds Japanese), and do as well a job as Benihana for a fraction of the cost. I realize we are in Hawaii, but still...seems like they are pushing prices beyond reason. The chef we had dropped his utensils several times and had mishaps with the eggs - not well polished show. The chef on the table next to us flipped his spatula across the table and hit a little girl in the face and made her cry. The level of professionalism has plummeted since the 1990s and early 2000s. Not going back on our next visit to Waikiki.