“Go for happy hour! Don't got for dinner”
Review of Top of Waikiki

Top of Waikiki
Reserve with OpenTable
Top of Waikiki is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 2,540 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Seaside Ave
Description: Top of Waikiki offers one of the most amazing views on earth; unforgettable sunset views, an endless expanse of turquoise blue surf and world famous waikiki beach. The view is matched by Executive Chef Lance Kosaka's Hawaii Regional Cuisine, where he presides over a kitchen dedicated to freshness, quality and is a strong supporter of infusing as much locally grown produce and fresh fish into our award-winning menu.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

One of the better happy hours in Waikiki. Great value, with cheap martini's and decent pupus. Dinner is an over-priced disaster though, best to be avoided.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had read the reviews on this site (varied!) but took my courage in hand. We went upstairs to book, the downstairs touch screen was busy. No problems, also mentioned son's allergy which they remembered a few days later when we arrived for dinner. Waiter was fine, other servers fine. Food was fine. Mai tais very good. Bad points- very dark inside, probably to maximise the view (we arrived 7pm) and Friday night fireworks not visible much due to Trump hotel (we were warned). Very noisy. A bit rushed. I gave an extra star for the good way the allergy requests were handled.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Was there many years ago for a special supper so we needed to go this time and were not disappointed. If you can go around sunset if your seating is at the right position at the right time you can get the most beautiful sunset. The food is very good and you have a different view every few minutes as the restaurant revolves. A nice dining experience. Make reservations.

1  Thank suntanner39
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Read the reviews and don't waste your money!! I read the reviews and thought 'it cant be that bad' so booked a meal for 2 on Christmas eve. The view is good, especially if you get seated near a window however we were near the bar so a bit faraway to appreciate it. The food isnt great - I ordered the pork and although the meat was nice, the juice & lentils surrounding it werent :( Very expensive for what it is. Dont let the 'view' tempt you.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went to the restaurant to enjoy the view and a romantic dinner but unfortunately were sorely disappointed by the dinner, the view was ok when you were pointing in the right direction.
My points to the management are these:
Maybe it is your health and safety rules but having fake battery candles on the tables does not make it romantic, more tacky.
There was a strange smell as you went up the escalators, not great when you're heading up to eat...
The carpet is very old, makes the place look very dated.
The main dish took 45mins to arrive and I'm afraid did not taste like it had been freshly prepared, more reheated.
There was no bread plate until after our first course had arrived and the bread tasted like old chewy brioche.
The pop music playing does not really fit the vibe for a romantic dinner (I assume that is what the restaurant was going for with almost every other table being a couple)
The air conditioning was arctic cold, especially when you found yourself under a vent - you will want a jacket.
The glass tops to the tables in my experience are usually used to ensure a quick turn around of tables, doesn't make you feel like hanging around.

Good points: Ron our waiter was very good.
The cocktails were delicious.

Sorry if the above seems harsh, but is my opinion. If your looking for something romantic with a view I would try else where. Although if you can just go up for the cocktails and the view I would say it is worth it.

1  Thank Venetiar