“I woke up this morning dreaming of coconut pancakes”

Original Pancake House
Ranked #192 of 2,511 Restaurants in Honolulu
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Dreaming about coconut pancakes after I got home? A little over the top, I know. But this is a seriously good place for breakfast. In addition, we enjoyed their “classic,” the 49er pancake stack, the eggs-over-easy were perfect, and the service was very friendly. In fact, when we gave the waitress our order she stopped us and recombined some of the individual items to fit their breakfast combos and cut down the cost. Very thoughtful.

The place was filled to capacity, even at 10:30 am, which is supposedly after the rush. However, our wait time (for 2) was actually only a few minutes. The big windows overlooking the garden make for a nice setting and less feeling of crowdedness. And, while turnover seemed pretty fast, nobody rushed in the least--offering, instead, to keep refilling our coffee after we'd finished eating. A short walk from the Ala Moana Shopping Center (the prettiest route being down Kapiolani Blvd). Remember, its actual entrance is inside the building.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

This is the most amazing German pancake I've ever had the center was light and fluffy the outside slightly crispy and the seasoning was the perfect amount, it may take 20 mins but its so worth it!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Outstanding breakfast items - pancakes, waffles, eggs, meats, oatmeal, etc. Very popular with the locals, but great, friendly service and easy to get to. Ample free parking with validation.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is soooo much better than IHOP, went there as it was recommended on my travel book and so glad I did, it's one of those places where local goes, very homely and with just the most delicious pancakes!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Located on the corner of Pensacola and Kapiolani Blvd there is no free parking.You may park in the structure above however there is a fee involved. Of all the times I have gone into this establishment I have always had to wait to be seated. Secondly, you do have the opportunity to view the menu however it was a while before the waitress took my order. It's all a waiting game. Service at this restaurant is exceptionally slow. Most of all, the sizes of their cups are incredibly small. So, if you have a thirst I'd bring a back up (like a bottle of water) with you. The only positive thing I would have to say about this restaurant is that the food quality is good.

2  Thank ualjeff