“Best Tacos in Town”

Ryan's Grill At Ward Center
Reserve with OpenTable
Ryan's Grill At Ward Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #296 of 2,420 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Cross street: Kamakee St
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I went to Ryan's last night. We had one of their best dishes: guava-tamarind BBQ kalua pig tacos. The meat was tender, juicy, and rich. There were plenty of garnishes: chopped cabbage, lime wedges, salsa fresca, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese, and cilantro. The only, minor ding was that they served the dish with only two tortillas while they served enough food to make three or four tacos. Deserts were also delicious: my wife had the coconut creme brulee and I had the key lime pie. Props to our server, Desmond, who always kept our glasses full and checked up on us thoughout the evening. All in all, a good meal in great surroundings.

There are newer reviews for Ryan's Grill At Ward Center

Reviewed February 20, 2013

After a mix up with our reservation, the hostess profusely apologized, making sure we were happy with our table. Although we had made a dining reservation, while waiting for our guests, we enjoyed our waitress in the bar so much that we stayed in the bar. Our waitress brought us the regular dinner menus and even brought our complimentary birthday dessert. We enjoyed happy hour appetizers and dining room entrees; the best of both.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

A great place for a late night cocktail. The staff are friendly and helpful and the drinks are good value also.
Parking is free and the car park is opposite the bar

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My two daughters suggested we have an early dinner before the Wicket performance. We're glad we did! I had starved myself knowing that the happy hour appetizers would be absolutely delicious...big mistake since I ordered too much: crab and artichoke dip ($8.95), chix & pork lettuce wrap/cup (8.95), jerky fries w/a special dipping sauce /aiola (5.95) and 5 spiced duck w/bun (8.95). My absolutely favorite app was the lettuce wrap, although messy, but well worth it. No alcohol for us since we didn't want to ruin the Wicket performance with an untimely restroom break. There's two happy hours: 4-7pm & 10pm to 12 midnite. The preshow apps and show were wonderful. Looking forward to a Vegas trip to celebrate my wife's bday and more restaurant reviews to come.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have gone to happy hour at Ryan's for years on our trips to Honolulu. This year was a bit disappointing. The place was busy, so perhaps that explains our sense that things are not up to snuff in the kitchen, but the food just seemed to be tossed together in a rush. Service was good.