“Decent Food, Poor Experience”

Ryan's Grill At Ward Center
Reserve with OpenTable
Ryan's Grill At Ward Center is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #309 of 2,431 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Ala Moana - Kakaako
Cross street: Kamakee St
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Food: (4 Stars) The food was very delicious. I had dinner with four friends and ordered the teriyaki burger and friends. It was perfectly cooked and the fries were amazing. The bread they bring on the side was awesome. They had a special dipping sauce that made it even better.

Service: (1 Star) We had a young lady as our server who put our group on the back burner. She was rushing around helping other people, grabbing plates and ordering drinks for what seemed to be everyone else but me. I walked over to her at the bar and was going to ask to pay for a friends tab as a small birthday gift. She shooed me away and told me to sit down, she would help me when she could. It was frustrating. Our food arrived and everything went well after wards. I won't lie, we didn't tip well.

Location: (-4 Stars) We parked in what seemed to be a safe parking structure. There were other cars around and people walking through the building. We locked up and ate dinner for roughly an hour. When we came back our car had been broken into, backpacks and electronics stolen, and random objects like a watch and my phone cord sitting in the street. I can't blame Ryan's Grill for the break in, but as a owner you can't expect to get much business if people are getting broken into in their front parking.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Food is really good and the service is good too. Went more than once. the crab artichoke dip is really great as is the Kalbi pan.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Went with a big party and we got our drinks and food diligently. The tuna on my salad was undercooked but they fixed it and gave me a new salad. Manager brought the food and apologized. Food was delicious! Service was awesome, drinks were great. I have no complain, everybody in our big party was very happy with the food, including the foreign visitors (us). :)

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Very good local fair. Not a chain restaurant. Been at this location 30 years. Reasonably priced for honolulu. Staff was very attentive and took interest in our stay, offered things we should see and do. Try Ryans loco moco great local dish. Ate there twice during our stay. Worth going to the ward center to find them

1  Thank MrSunshine39
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The hostess at this restaurant needs to be replaced. We couldn't quite make out what she said, but it sounded like she said they were clearing some tables and would seat us shortly. I looked at the empty restaurant and my friend asked "I'm sorry how long is the wait?" and the hostess said in probably the most stuck up way possible "Um...5 minutes". Nice start. BTW this was a Monday for lunch...not exactly the busy time.

We sat down in a very empty area, and one thing we noticed was the "appearance" of the staff. They all seemed to be "model" types which leaves a lot to be desired for their service. We watched everyone around us receive bread upon seating, however we were forgotten about. It was the same waiter for all the tables.

We had the crab artichoke dip and lettuce cups, both were great! We also shared the sausage and roasted mushroom pizza which was also very good.

Great food, service is lacking.