“Tuesday nights $1 drinks”

MOOSE McGillycuddy's
Ranked #230 of 2,527 Restaurants in Honolulu
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Description: It's a great bargain and there aren't many in Hawaii!
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Best club I went to in Hawaii. My friend and I went back here twice. On Tuesday night we went there round 8-9pm was a bit quite but got started on the $1 drinks. It got busier later on. They play R & B type music and was soooo much fun.
On Friday night we went back here after going to Rum Fire (which finished at 2am). Mooses stayed open till 4ish I think? Would definitely go back there again

Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Went here at 3-30 on Saturday afternoon, no problems, reasonable service nice enough bar although quite quiet. Went back the same night around 9:0pm once again quite quiet, but this time the barmaid would not serve us because my wife had no ID, I must stress that we are a married couple in our 50's so I asked why she needed to see ID. She replied it was company policy we have to see your ID, and I quote "in case you fall off the stool or clap out, we have to have your name for the paramedics" I had ID but my wife didn't so we couldn't get served. When I said we had been in earlier that day and were not asked for ID she did not believe us, once again I quote "are you sure you were here" well I may be in my 50's but I'm not senile. At this point we left. I believe she did not want us there because of our age, this is the 1st time I've ever experienced ageism. I'm happy to give my name and email address to any member of the company who runs this establishment if you need further information. Now I know why the bar is so quiet when every other bar in the area is packed.

2  Thank johnmac90
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I have been in a lot of bars in that area but it was never necessary to show my ID, I'm 48. So I didn't get a drink because I didn't have my ID with me. Very unfriendly explanation. So I can not recommended that place.

2  Thank gu_harry07
Reviewed May 14, 2014

went back to mooses 5 times while in hono,mo the waitress excellent,had 2 4 1 brekky good,the best fish and chips in hawaii,very friendly

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited moose while in Honolulu both times we have been here. This place was recommended to us by my mother who visited frequently in the 80 ' s. It has a nice history, great drinks and food. It's a must to stop whether for a drink and pupus or breakfast.