“Over the top”
Review of Orchids

Orchids
Reserve with OpenTable
Orchids is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 2,370 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Lewers Street
Description: Providing picturesque views of Diamond Head and the Pacific Ocean, Orchids is an ocean-side indoor / outdoor restaurant serving breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. A la carte breakfast offered Monday to Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Lunch is served à la carte Monday to Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Dinner served Monday to Sunday from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Inspired new Mediterranean Italian menu offered for lunch and dinner. Afternoon Tea at Orchids offers a wide selection of international fine teas and coffees, including espresso and freshly baked cakes and pastries served with Devonshire cream. Offered Monday to Saturday from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays. Sunday brunch buffet is available from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. offering choices from traditional American selections to distinctly Japanese cuisine. Resort casual attire for breakfast, lunch, brunch and afternoon tea – tank tops, beachwear, exercise attire or flip-flops are not permitted. Casual elegant attire for dinner – casual t-shirts, tank tops, beachwear, exercise attire or flip-flops are not permitted. Reservations required through Dining Reservations.
Los Angeles, California
“Over the top”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was by far the most expensive and elaborate brunch my wife and I have attended. The choice included carved meats (including a whole pig), ice cream and a number of Asian foods. I would say that if anything there was far more lunch food than breakfast food. I would have preferred a more traditional breakfast brunch, but for the money, one should probable expect the more expensive luncheon menu. I guess I am from the old school who was looking for hash browns and link sausage as opposed to Chinese assortment of appetizers and Japanese soups.

One must make reservation weeks in advance for the Sunday Brunch to assure a good seat. this is one of the restaurants one should have on their "bucket list". This was for our 50th wedding anniversary and I make a whole bunch of brownie points with my bride for making the reservations in advance. The restaurant did not make a fuss over our anniversary, but expect that this occasion was not unusual for them - only for us.

We had a great table overlooking Diamond Head and was served by very friendly and attentive waiters. Do make reservation if you are in Honolulu. You will not be disappointed.

4 Thank Dean01

• Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Excellent food,service and ambiance”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were shouted a lunch here for our birthdays and were most impressed by the whole package - excellent service, great size meals, wonderful views, and a complimentary cake and candle to finish the meal. Definitely recommend to others - if we get back to Hawaii we will definitely come back here for lunch.

1 Thank 670allen
Adelaide, Australia
“Halekulani terrace on Waikikki beach”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We visited this place several times during our stay at their sister hotel the Waikikki Parc. Fab views, great Long Island iced tea, snack, and wonderful local Hawaiian live music... Magical place!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Lucia W
milpitasca
“Better NOT be wearing shorts!!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We tried to dine here with our entire family of six. I called ahead and was advised about the dress code. My son-in-law only packed shorts (good enough for all other restaurants including Disney, Roy's, etc). They offered to let him borrow pants and he just laughed. So, two days later my husband and I went to dinner by ourselves at Orchids. There were many empty tables at 7:30PM. We had a table for two close to the edge of the restaurant by the sidewalk. I found it distracting to have people walking along the beach virtually next to our table. I found the decor to be nonexistent and boring. We ordered an appetizer of Ahi with foie gras (since we can't buy any in CA!!!) made into a cake. It was very weird. Next I ordered the whole Kona lobster and my husband had a fish entree. After two bites of over-cooked, tasteless $58 lobster, I summoned the waiter who whisked the plate away. Next, I ordered Opah. It arrived after my husband had finished his dinner entree - romantic! It, too, was tasteless. I had a couple of bites because I was hungry and pushed it away. The bread basket was my dinner! The manager came over and comped out my "dinners" and brought us complimentary coconut cake which was rich and yummy. I only give this restaurant 2 stars because of the way they treated the various issues - otherwise it would be a one star!

Los Angeles, California
“Disappointing dining room.”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

After many dinners here the best I can say about Orchids is that the decor is warm and inviting and the ocean view delightful and the food above average. The service on many occasions left a lot to be desire. Not enough waiters and many were inattentive at exactly the wrong times.

Visited November 2013