“Beautiful Setting Oceanside”
Review of Orchids

Orchids
Reserve with OpenTable
Orchids is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 2,368 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Lewers Street
Description: Providing picturesque views of Diamond Head and the Pacific Ocean, Orchids is an ocean-side indoor / outdoor restaurant serving breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. A la carte breakfast offered Monday to Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Lunch is served à la carte Monday to Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Dinner served Monday to Sunday from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Inspired new Mediterranean Italian menu offered for lunch and dinner. Afternoon Tea at Orchids offers a wide selection of international fine teas and coffees, including espresso and freshly baked cakes and pastries served with Devonshire cream. Offered Monday to Saturday from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays. Sunday brunch buffet is available from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. offering choices from traditional American selections to distinctly Japanese cuisine. Resort casual attire for breakfast, lunch, brunch and afternoon tea – tank tops, beachwear, exercise attire or flip-flops are not permitted. Casual elegant attire for dinner – casual t-shirts, tank tops, beachwear, exercise attire or flip-flops are not permitted. Reservations required through Dining Reservations.
San Ramon, California
“Beautiful Setting Oceanside”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Orchids. We enjoyed top notch attentive service the entire evening. The food is wonderful and the service top notch. Dress for dinner, this place is a gem.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Victoria, Australia
“Buffet brunch with style”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you are in Honolulu on a Sunday, do yourself a favour, and book for Sunday brunch at Orchids, well in advance.
Beautiful setting, extensive selection of good food and service, just bring a good appetite.

Visited December 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“elegant and delicious”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I'm no connoisseur but I do enjoy a tasty meal. The selections were excellent; a salmon prepared in a sous vide style: very moist and flavorful. The grilled heart of romaine was different for me but very nice. The waiter was very helpful in selecting dishes. I would definitely recommend this for dinner but it is a bit pricey.

Sydney, Australia
“Sunday brunch”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have enjoyed breakfast and dinner at Orchids on a previous trip so we were keen to try their legendary Sunday brunch. Wow, what a selection! As always, very elegant and relaxing and impeccably prepared and presented food. I booked a month in advance and could only get a 2.00pm reservation so it was more lunch than brunch for us but both breakfast and lunch options were still available and being replenished constantly. Well worth the price.

Conway, South Carolina
“Romantic, exquisite moonlight dinner”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate at Orchids for our first meal together as newly weds. It was perfect. The ambiance was breath taking and the food was "to die for". I would rather dine at Orchids than any Ruth's Chris on the planet.

My wife had the poached salmon and I the snapper. The salmon was poached to perfection. The snapper, although recommended as a favorite of patrons for many years, was good but left me wanting more salmon.

Suit and tie were not required. I wore a Hawaiian style button down shirt and tan slacks and my wife wore a dress. We saw diners in polo shirts.

The waiters were very nice. They seemed eager to please. Several waiters took pictures and answered our questions.

Overall, it was a great experience and we will do it again!

1 Thank icesurfer81

Been to Orchids? Share your experiences!