“elegant and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Orchids

Orchids
Reserve with OpenTable
Orchids is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 2,340 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Cross street: Lewers Street
Honolulu, Hawaii
“elegant and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I'm no connoisseur but I do enjoy a tasty meal. The selections were excellent; a salmon prepared in a sous vide style: very moist and flavorful. The grilled heart of romaine was different for me but very nice. The waiter was very helpful in selecting dishes. I would definitely recommend this for dinner but it is a bit pricey.

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Sunday brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We have enjoyed breakfast and dinner at Orchids on a previous trip so we were keen to try their legendary Sunday brunch. Wow, what a selection! As always, very elegant and relaxing and impeccably prepared and presented food. I booked a month in advance and could only get a 2.00pm reservation so it was more lunch than brunch for us but both breakfast and lunch options were still available and being replenished constantly. Well worth the price.

Conway, South Carolina
“Romantic, exquisite moonlight dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate at Orchids for our first meal together as newly weds. It was perfect. The ambiance was breath taking and the food was "to die for". I would rather dine at Orchids than any Ruth's Chris on the planet.

My wife had the poached salmon and I the snapper. The salmon was poached to perfection. The snapper, although recommended as a favorite of patrons for many years, was good but left me wanting more salmon.

Suit and tie were not required. I wore a Hawaiian style button down shirt and tan slacks and my wife wore a dress. We saw diners in polo shirts.

The waiters were very nice. They seemed eager to please. Several waiters took pictures and answered our questions.

Overall, it was a great experience and we will do it again!

1 Thank icesurfer81
Calgary
“Nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Our server was good. My drink with the guava was good. My fish with the shiitake mushrooms was okay. The foie gras was okay. The lobster bisque was okay. The lobster ravioli was okay. The coconut cake was okay. Being next to the ocean was okay too. Warning, you can't wear dress shorts with a dress shirt. As a guy you must wear pants. The dress code is enforced.

Bloomington, Indiana
“Romantic moonlight dinner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

The food and ambiance was great. Go early and enjoy cocktails and pupus at the House without a Key at the same location before dining. The local Hawaiian music each evening is very special. Orchids is known for their fish dishes. They did not disappoint. A must for us each trip to Oahu.

Visited December 2013