“Fabulous as Always!”

Alan Wong's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Alan Wong's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 2,454 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Punahou Street and McCully Street
Description: Consistently voted as one of Hawaii's best restaurants, James Beard award-winning Chef Alan Wong uses the freshest locally grown produce and the bounty of the Pacific Ocean to create local favorites with a contemporary twist. Inspired by the unique ethnic influences found in Hawaii today, his menu reflects Hawaii's cultural diversity of its people, traditions, and lifestyles. "Taste Hawaii."
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This was our third time dining here and it was great as always. We arrived about 20 minutes early and they seated us almost immediately.

The tomato salad was great as an appetizer and the macadamia nut lamb chops excellent. These were about the largest chops I have ever had and they were cooked to perfection. My wife had the beef tenderloins and she loved them as well. Our waiter was great. He stopped by to ask us if our dinners were cooked as we would have expected. I thought that was nice as I have dined at steakhouses before where they couldn't care less. He was very knowledgable about everything on the menu and we could tell he really cared if we were enjoying ourselves.

The wine selection is very good and you can view your choices on a iPad. Alan Wong's is expensive but it's worth every penny. I will be sure to eat here every time I am in Honolulu.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,468)

Reviewed April 29, 2014

From the greeting at the door to the friendly service to the wonderful and plentiful food this is one of the most creative and best restaurants we have ever visited. Tough reservation to get so plan in advance.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We were invited to Alan Wong's when he first opened to check out the food, but as important, the décor and service. They did not fail to impress then, and have continued to impress! We savor each experience, and whenever we have a special occasion to celebrate, we look to Alan Wong's! We have tried the wine pairings (excellent), and even a spur of the moment dinner with an out of town guest, and we have never been disappointed. Are we fans? You bet!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We went here over the Christmas Holidays. We had a dinner reservation...I believe at 6:30. We came by early to have a drink first at the bar. They wanted to seat us early at a table but we declined. We told them we would come back to the hostess at 6:30. Had our drinks and they were SOOO good. GREAT martinis. The place was filling up. So, at 6:30 we go back to the hostess and tell her we were ready to be seated. She told us...no table was open. It would be about a HALF HOUR WAIT. You have to be kidding me. You knew we were in the place, just feet over at the bar, for goodness sake. This kind of upset us and we went back to the bar for another drink for our wait. Finally, about 25 minutes later, they came over and got us to take us to a table. They never even offered to comp us the additional drinks we had because of their giving away our table.

Now, on to the food and service and location... Situated in an office building on King Street, on the 3rd floor with no view to speak of. We parked on the street. I doubt they have a parking lot. Take the elevator up. Simple décor.

We both started out with salads. Fresh ingredients and nice size portions with just the right amount of dressing. After, I ordered the onaga(red snapper) and hubby ordered the short ribs.
When are plates arrived, they looked so special. And, they were. Oh my God, was the food ever good! We shared our meals so we could each try the other food. We loved it all. No room for dessert. Our server was attentive all evening without being intrusive.

Our bill was just shy of $200.00 with tip and drinks. It was worth the money...just disappointing we had to wait when we were already there :)

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Alan Wongs is worth the price and the effort to get to the restaurant. A bit off the beaten path of the tourist trade you find one of Hawaii's best and most impressive epicurean experiences.
I love this place and would go all the time if I lived in Hawaii.