“Breakfast Buffet”

Duke's Waikiki
Ranked #30 of 2,494 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Went to Dukes for the breakfast buffet. We were pleasantly surprised with the variety of food including one of "The Dukes" favourite "Piña Colada Bread Pudding"! Interesting I must say, maybe not for everyone, but I enjoyed it! Omelettes made to order, eggs benedict, which was my daughters favourite, pancakes and the best French toast in town! Juices, syrups, sauces, cheeses, bagels, bacon, potatoes, yoghurt, granola, fresh fruit were just a few of the selections. Needless to say we returned to enjoy on our last day inWaikiki. Staff were pleasant, they did not hover too much so we could enjoy our breakfast in peace over looking Waikiki Beach. Definitely recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,727)

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was seated right by the ocean on my last night in Honolulu. It was so peaceful and relaxing! I was sad because I had to leave the next day but Duke never disappoints. It's always a friendly atmosphere. Their food selection is great and their salad bar even better. I will definitely be back since it's not a trip to Hawaii unless you visit Duke's!

1  Thank anchristian_1
Reviewed May 1, 2014

After reading all the hoopla about Duke's we decided to try it ourselves. We were staying right on Waikiki Beach so it was very convenient for us. We messed up our reservation by showing up on the wrong night (one day after our original reservation). The hostess explained to us that our reservation was for the prior night, but they seated us within about five minutes anyway in a table near the salad buffet. The salad buffet comes with the meal so that makes it a pretty good deal. Hostess, waiter, drinks, food... all good. We enjoyed ourselves and would go back again when we are in the area.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

You can't come to Waikiki without visiting Duke's.

My boyfriend and I were excited to find this fantastic-looking place right on the beach one evening. It's lit up by tiki torches and you can walk in right off the sand (to access from the street, you need to walk through the Outrigger Waikiki hotel). There was a live band playing some local music, and they sounded great. This was the first of several trips we made to Duke's throughout our vacation.

The bar has a beautiful view and a great, beach-y, laidback atmosphere. There is also a more formal dining area if you prefer to eat in a place that's a little more quiet. The open seating bar area is a great spot for drinking, meeting people and having fun, and has quite a party atmosphere at the weekend.

The cocktails start at about 7 or 8 dollars and are great quality. The lava flow is delicious, as is the coconut mojito. Unfortunately most of the options are at the $10 mark. It would be great if they had a few more cocktail options, and even better if they had a happy hour/daily specials. This is my only criticism.

The food at Duke's is great. We tried the grilled cajun chicken burger, the nachos, wings, and korean tacos at various times during our stay. All were fantastic. The wings were AMAZING. So tasty and a good quantity of meat on them. The food was a good value, usually around the $12-$15 mark.

You just cannot beat the location and atmosphere at this place. Even if you have to hover over tables while they pay the bill to try and then swoop in, it usually doesn't take long to find somewhere, and it's so worth it. You have to go to Duke's at least once in your life.

1  Thank hkm23
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We went to Duke's for dinner because it seems like one of those "must-do" things if you're staying in Honolulu. The atmosphere was great - location right on the beach, live music most nights and a buzzing crowd. Unfortunately, the food doesn't have the same 'wow-factor.' The service staff seems to be overly busy too as we didn't get a ton of attention from our server.

Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with our dinner, but for the money we had far better meals at other nearby establishments (including VERY nearby, just up the escalator!!). If you want good live music and a vibrant scene though, Duke's is a great choice.