“Worth the wait to be seated”
Review of Duke's Waikiki

Duke's Waikiki
Ranked #34 of 2,431 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I enjoyed the ahi sashimi and fish tacos. The beer selection is good but not fantastic.
The best part is that it is on the beach. I sat down as sunset approached and enjoyed the view and the breeze. I will definitely return on my next trip to the islands to share the view with the wife.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Waikiki has a lot of chain restaurants, so it was nice to find a few local places. While Duke's is a hotel restaurant, it has a great view of the beach. It does tend to get very busy and there is a likelihood you will have to wait for a table, but the serving staff is pretty good and if they forget something the likelihood is it will be free of charge (they forgot a couple of beers we ordered and those were not on the final bill).

We spent one night here with friends eating far too much, as the salad bar is included with every main course. We ended up back a Duke's a few days later to enjoy the salad bar for lunch. It's definitely worth the $15 or so.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We have been to Hawaii for the last four winters, sometimes for 5 weeks and we have stayed on all four islands. We tend to eat early and we have found, at least for us, that going to "Happy Hour" or just eating in waterfront bars to be the best value and by far the most interesting experiences.. Of all the places we have eaten Dukes Barefoot Bar has to be the most fun with reasonable prices and very good food. One of our favourite dishes is their Hawaiian pizza, with fresh pineapple and pulled pork. The staff are what make the experience so great - they really know how to treat customers - usually they shake your hand, ask your name and introduce themselves - especially if you sit up at the bar. One fellow even remembered us the second time we went back a few days later! I had one bartender ask me how I liked the glass of wine after I had a sip and I said it was "just okay" and he so offered another one - he just took away the full glass, dumped it and didn't charge me for it! It is a very good place to meet other tourists and have interesting talks, whether it is a US military consultant, entrepreneurs from Las Vegas or a geology student from Calgary. Since the bar is right on the beach you can watch the sun go down. This is a very noisy place, with live music so it is not suitable for a quiet romantic evening.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Arrived just after 6pm, reserved a table requesting one close to the beach. While waiting we had drinks in the bar. Our buzzer went off about 30 mins later and we had our table right overlooking the pool and beach! Fabulous atmosphere and very good, attentive service. All four of us enjoyed our meals- steak, ribs and seafood. Would definitely return.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We tried to eat here a couple of nights (we either needed reservations or ~1 hour wait).
It was so crowded and so loud.

Today we stopped by for a late lunch - about 2pm.
It was busy but we got a seat near the beach.
Had the ahi poke for an appetizer (good!), husband had a Mahi Mahi sandwich (so so), and I had the fish tacos (excellent!!!). Their mai tai is great too!
It was a pricey lunch (about $70 for 2 w a drink each, shared appetizer, & 2 entrees).

Recommended for late lunch.

Been to Duke's Waikiki? Share your experiences!