“Best food in Waikiki”

Duke's Waikiki
Ranked #33 of 2,391 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Best food in Waikiki”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was expensive however our best meal in Waikiki. Thoroughly recommended although we had to wait 30mins to get in on a busy evening. The steak/lobster combo was good. Also there's a complimentary salad bar so no need for starters (just help yourself to salad selection before your main).

Visited November 2013

• Turkish first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great salad bar!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We totally filled up on the salad bar! The ribs were great and the atmosphere is top notch! Worth repeating on every visit! Hula pie is also a MUST!

Visited December 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good salad bar”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I ended up filling up on salad, so when they said they didn't have my meal I wanted, I didn't end up ordering anything else. The rest of the group really enjoyed their meals, there were about 10 of us, so we covered most of the menu. It's a good spot to eat at!

Visited December 2013
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful view, great food and excellent service”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We spent a week in Honolulu and made a point of booking this restaurant in advance asking for a table with a view as advised by friends. We were not disappointed. The view was lovely. The food was great which was an accomplishment given we had just debarked a 5* cruise ship. The service was so friendly we felt great about giving the staff the tip that we are not used to giving in Australia. If you get a chance to eat here do it, the location is fantastic and after dinner you can wander around Waikiki and take in the atmosphere at night or shop till you drop.

• Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best Food Deal in Waikiki”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We made a reservation at Dukes for lunch, and got there about 11:15. They had a very nice "front row" seat available, so we were right over the activity at the pool, and looking at the water. I had not known that Dukes is primarily a buffet, but after looking at the menu, found that looked like a real bargain for Waikiki.
I was really surprised at how good the food was. I mean, it was a buffet, so it was not the best meal I have ever had. But I will say the Kahlua Pig was the best I had in Hawaii. (out of 2) The staff was very good and as attentive as they needed to be. They even opened the buffet a little early (it normally opens at 11:30) because people were waiting. The buffet included a very nice salad bar, with multiple prepared salads. And a separate area for hot foods. They even had a made to order pasta area as well as another customized dish (I think soup?) that I did not try. I was happy eating the Kahlua Pig and salads, so did not try all the options they had out.
Overall, we were pleased with the experience and very pleased with the price.

• Visited December 2013

Been to Duke's Waikiki? Share your experiences!