“Duke's for fish!”

Duke's Waikiki
Ranked #34 of 2,431 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great setting on Waikiki Beach, and wonderful fish selection prepared several ways. Salad bar with many, many choices comes with the entrees. The live entertainment was always good. Dukes also has a great Breakfast buffet for about $16 with anything you could possibly want to eat, especially fresh fruit.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We had the best fun at Dukes and on top of the great setting on Waikiki beach, the food is actually really good. I had the baked fish which was divine and we all had the salad bar option. The Mai Tai's are some of the best I've tasted and the other cocktails equally as good. We actually came here twice during our week stay as it was such a fun and laid back place to eat.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Duke's was only a 2-3 minute walk from our hotel and we ate here twice - once for a late lunch/early dinner and once for the breakfast buffet. Our lunch/dinner meal was good but I can't say that it was spectacular. Hubby got the fish tacos and he said they were just "okay." I got their cheeseburger (I know, I know...not very Hawaiian but I was in the mood for a burger!) and it was tasty but like I said, nothing spectacular. The drinks were good. I really enjoyed the Lava Flow. The breakfast buffet was very, very good, though! They have a huge spread of fresh fruit, cereals and oatmeal, eggs, potatoes, sausage and bacon, pancakes, french toast, and their Pina Colada bread pudding. Pina Colada bread pudding, y'all! It was soooo yummy! There is also a very quick and friendly lady making omelets to order - I really enjoyed my spinach, ham, and cheese omelet! Our service at each meal was very good, very sweet girls. You can't beat the view from the deck either! Its overlooking Waikiki Beach. It was wonderful to sit there and watch the sun come up as we ate breakfast. Between lunch and dinner the only seating is around the bar on the patio and its a first come first serve deal - when someone gets up, grab that table and then worry about getting someone to clean it off!

We'd have no problem eating there again. I'm missing that Pina Colada bread pudding already...

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We had just arrived in Waikiki, it was 9 at night, and we just wanted a Mai Tai and a couple of pupus. Places on the beach were either empty (not a good sign) or very crowded with noisy gen x & yers listening to loud, mindless techo-rock. Came upon Duke's and it was just right.
A good Mai Tai for $10, poke that was a little bland (fixed with soy sauce and Tobasco), delicious quesadillas, and above average pank breaded calamari.
There was a combo playing in the background, perfect of 50+ers.
If you're over 40, I'd say this is a very nice Waikiki experience.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The vibe here is really fun and lively. I thought the food for dinner was only okay. Not much of a selection either. The waffle fries at lunch are really good though!

Been to Duke's Waikiki? Share your experiences!