“Amazing meal!”

Duke's Waikiki
Ranked #56 of 2,540 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had to wait an hour and a half before getting a table but well worth it! The service was friendly and meal fantastic!

Write a ReviewReviews (12,184)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

3rd vacation to Waikiki, expected most restaurants (even national franchises) to serve just average food at double the price (it's an island,so everything imported)

We were hesitant to go to a known tourist location like Duke's. Wow! Ordered Seafood Luau and husband ordered Teriyaki Sirloin-both delicious and a value for Waikiki @ around $25 each. Usually order filet, but the sirloin was so tender and juicy (USDA prime beef), I ordered the next visit! Huge, fresh salad bar with entree made Duke's exceed our expectations! Though trying other restaurants referred by locals and spending much more on dinner, we went back to Dukes and waited with the crowds for another excellent dinner. The 3rd time we had equally great burgers and fish tacos in the bar area.View over ocean is fantastic also.

1  Thank Wallacecooks
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just got back from dinner at Duke's. It was a really nice meal. Had a 6:00 resi and got seated right on time. When I made the reservation, the girl told me that she would put us down for a table with a nice view of the beach. Honestly, I didn't place much faith in that but we were seated at a table right be the edge of the deck overlooking beautiful Waikiki Beach. Our meals were moderately priced (we are from N.Y so the prices are pretty comparable). I ordered the Mahi Mahi w/Macadamia Herb Crust on the recommendation of the waiter. I am not a real big fish eater but am trying to eat more of it. He assured me it was mild and delicious and he was right! Others at the table had the Terryaki Sirloin and NY Strip. All enjoyed their meals very much,plus it comes with their salad bar. Too full for dessert, however, the Huli Pie looked to die for!! Will come again!

1  Thank boysmom2
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Dukes is right on the beach. Breakfast is just to die for, eggs and omlettes made to order, plenty of fresh fruit, Hawaiian coffee and the beat view. As the day goes on it does get crowded, however service is always good. Happy Hour is crazy.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Huge portions! The salad bar was exceptional. And the food was scrumptous. My husband got the Prime Rib and I got the KUSHIYAKI KABOB. OH....MY...WORD - OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD!!! And you cannot go to Duke's and NOT get the Hula Pie. So save room! It's a must! Best to make reservations, though or you'll have a long wait at this popular restaurant.

Been to Duke's Waikiki? Share your experiences!