“It's a tradition”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Whenever I'm on island it's a must to stop by. I can grab a malasada (or 2) and have an easy breakfast for less than $3. In the 2 weeks we were on island we stopped by 3 times - yummy. Grandma prefers the original (no filling w/ sugar), I like the haupia, and the boyfriend devoured the chocolate - really, no matter what you chose you can't go wrong! Just beware - the parking lot is really small (and usually filled) and the shopping centers/residential area around Leonards will tow if they know you're headed for malasadas and not their stores.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,414)

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Leonards Malasadas are amazing! We lived out there when my husband was stationed there for the Marine Corps. and were told by the locals that we had to hit up the malasada trucks.

Leonards has so many different flavors and they all melt in your mouth. They always have a line out the door but move very quickly to get you in and out. I would say if you are a tourist and want local favorites, Leonards is a must!!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I've returned to Leonard's on five different trips and NEVER been disappointed. My favorites are the danishes and coffee cakes. Tasty, fluffy, delicious fruit fillings. It is always busy, so arrive early to get the best selection. Parking is limited in the area.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

If you are on oahu you can't miss leonard's!! We tried the malasadas on our first day on oahu, we ended up going almost everyday we were on the island! The original and coconut ones are the best!!

Six months later and we are still talking about the malasadas :)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The malasaladas were so very yummy and good. Nice and warm and out of the oven. Would I go out of my way to have one and fight the traffic? No. Thus I took off one star for not being on my path. Not their fault, but since it is a tourist attraction thought I should be up front.