“Do not skip this place!”
Review of Leonard's Bakery

Leonard's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 35 Bakeries in Honolulu
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

All I can say is Malasadas were sent from heaven for us to enjoy! They were warm, fresh and delicious! We almost didn't go but made a last minute stop in the morning on our way to Pearl Harbor. Best decision we made all day.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

My hubby and I had heard the rave reviews of this place as we researched the area before our trip and are very glad we had a chance to see what all the hype is about. Love the old signage and 50's noir. Excellent at what they specialize in which is, essentially, Portuguese bread and malasadas. They are wonderful, and I doubt if you could find better, but a little goes a long way and after a single trip there, we were satisfied and had our filled. They are rich and decadent. If you walk to Leonard's from the hotel, you'll feel better about the bazillion calories you just ate!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Our family visited this bakery after dinner one night for dessert after a local waiter told us not to miss it--absolutely no line (I'm sure it's packed at breakfast)...We ordered a dozen "plain" malasadas which were fantastic! We didn't realize how BIG they'd be so we saved half the box for breakfast (note: they don't keep all that well in a hotel room, definitely better fresh).
Fairly close to Diamond Head, it's probably a good stop before or after that hike.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

This bakery makes donuts to order. When you receive your order, the donuts are steaming hot and taste is excellent. There are usually lines so be prepared to wait but it's worth it. Parking is not the greatest but again it's worth the effort.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My friend who lives in Honolulu took me directly to Leonard's after she picked me up from the airport. It was on my list to visit anyway, but apparently she loves the place so there was no doubt we'd stop there. I had the regular malasada as well as having a custard filled malasada. They were both delicious and they are truly amazing while they are still warm. Apparently, the trio behind us in line were there for the same purpose and they were pleased with theirs as well. I wish I would have bought some of their other treats that evening but I didn't and we didn't have much time to during my visit to go back. I sure wish I had though. Its definitely worth stopping to get yourself a few malasadas. I couldn't believe how big they were.... 2 is more than filling.