“A tick off the list”

Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
London, United Kingdom
“A tick off the list”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

If your a foodie then this is the place for you. It is exactly what I imagined it to be. Yummy, warm sugary little gems. My husband and I went at 9pm for our sugary fix and there was hardly anyone there. We were able to enjoy our donuts outside...we did want to take them home but got as far as the front door before deciding to eat them! Excellent.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
“Yummy Fresh and Warm”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is my first malasada and I highly recommend them! Made to order with various fiilings, we had the plain and the custard. Both were very good. Place is clean, quick and close enough to walk off the calories for those ambitious enough. Yes, it's just a donut, but they've been making these since the 1950's. They're not still there because they're bad!

Corona, California
“not really”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Okay, I understand you all love it, but it's a donut with a filling. If you need a sugar high go here, but if you ever been to dunkin donuts, then don't bother.

“BOMB.com”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Malasadas are hard to come by in CA, but when this place was suggested, we had to try it. The place is a little aged, the parking sparse, but it's a well oiled machine. The line was long, but moved pretty quick with only 2 people taking the orders. Malasadas are , ade fresh, regular or filled, and come to you warm and melt in your mouth delicious. This place was so good we had to stop one more time before we left to the airport. This is a must for anyone visiting the island.

Monterey, California
“Best doughnut form ever!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I've never had Malasadas...but I am a fan of the doughnut in all forms. Beignets, curlers, holes, etc. When I heard about the Malasada, I was a little dubious. Portuguese doughnuts in Honolulu? What?? Boy, am I glad I made the trip. If you are staying anywhere in Waikiki, you can walk to this spot and experience these delightfully fluffy, light, delectable doughnuts. I dare say, it's the best doughnut form I've ever experienced. Lighter and fluffier than a beignet but with a crisp, sugary exterior. The originals are amazing. I did try the Malasada puff with coconut which was also delicious. When in Honolulu, please do not miss the chance to have one of these. Do yourself a favor!