“Hawaii Trip 2012”

Leonard's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 37 Bakeries in Honolulu
Cuisines: Portuguese, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Antelope Valley, CA
“Hawaii Trip 2012”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had heard about Leonard's from a local girls giving us a college tour. My daughter and I took her warning and headed there early in the morning. The line was long, but fast moving. We loved it! They had more pastries to offer than I had expected and everything we had was delicious. When I came back in August with the rest of our family my family all loved it too. Definitely a local favorite!

• Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Huntington Beach, Ca
“Donuts you cannot refuse”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I am not always a big fan of donuts knowing how they change my weight but this place is special. Portuguese donuts, never thought there was such a thing. Hot, great tasting donuts in many flavors and fillings. One of the hits of the week. When my wife and I went she saw many friends from her company on the same trip. Equal with the beignets you get in New Orleans. When in Oahu again and not worrying about my weight, I will indulge once more. Go with somebody that can watch the car, as there are towing signs everywhere. Leonard's normally has a line out the door, you would hate to add to the cost of the donuts.

• Visited March 2013
Ogden, UT
“UMMM...malasadas!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our nephew kept telling us how wonderful the malasadas were at Leonard's Bakery and we kept saying we weren't really donut people. Well we finally tried them to see what all the fuss was about and WOW--these are not donuts! Warm, soft, fluffy, cinnamon sugar covered, filled with creamy goodness, melt in your mouth bit of heaven. We tried the filled ones in vanilla, chocolate, haupia (coconut cream) and the flavor of the month which was mango. All were good but our favorite was the haupia. We got so many that we had to save some for later and they are not nearly as wonderful when not warm and fresh so go often instead of buying lots. There was a line out the door which I understand there generally is but it moved quickly and was so worth the wait! Now we are malasada converts, at least the Leonard's Bakery variety.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Carolyn M
Montreal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hot and fresh”
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Tried all the different flavours of malasadas. It seems they make them to order. Light, hot, and fresh. What else can you ask for?

“YUMMY!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

childhood favorite! Be ready to wait for parking and to get your goodies! Cheap, delicious malasadas....

Visited March 2013