“Local hot spot!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

If you crave a hot donut coated in sugar this is the place to be! Parking is a pain but people filter in and out fast! Easy to miss so when you see Safeway you are there!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,879)

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have to say they are great have been back three times since the first.time we went a couple of days a go.The custard fill are delicious and the plane ones are also great.but be warned you cannot stop at one.One other thing they are made freash while you wait.

1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Leonard's is known for their malasadas and there is a good reason for this - they are fabulous! The malasadas are light and eggy almost like french toast in puffed form and covered in granulated sugar. I'm not sure but I think they offer fresh, hot malasadas all day long. Leonard's also has some tasty pastries in their dessert case. There are other options for malasadas (Tex's on the Big Island) but these are hands-down my favorite.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I bought the custard filled malasada. They give out a pretty hefty portion. It was the size of my hand! While I thoroughly enjoyed my donut, it wasn't amazing. It was a pretty ordinary donut with a lot of hype and very long lines.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

First off - the malasadas are off the hook! I had read that they were delicious, & they were just as tasty as I was hoping. We tried a few other things that were about average for a bakery, but we had come for the malasada. I had no idea what that was, when we walked in, so when asked how big they were, the lady behind the counter indicated something about the size of a donut hole. I can eat a lot of donut holes, so I ordered 6 for my son & I. My brother ordered a dozen for his 3 kids & wife. They were not the size of a donut hole, though - they are much bigger (think jelly-filled donut). So, that was a lot of extra food we ended up walking around with.
Somewhere, I had read this was in walking distance from the Marriot. It is, but it's kind of a hike & not recommended if dragging several children in tow. We took a bus from there to Pearl Harbor - I wish we'd have ridden a bus that morning, but it would have probably been too difficult to figure out which bus would have taken us that direction. Parking was practically non-existent, as well. I'd go back, though.