“Great malasadas”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Diamond Head - Kapahulu - St. Louis
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Malasadas are brought out warm and gooey. And they are delicious and filling! Have milk ready nearby. The actual building is nothing fancy. Just an old '50s style drive-in type. They could definitely use some renovation as there is not enough parking and there is no dining area to sit and enjoy your treats.

There are newer reviews for Leonard's Bakery

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Thanks to T.A. members, we read about Leonard's Bakery and their malasadas.
We walked there and back from Waikiki and it was so worth the effort to join the queue which was outside the door. Then it was pure indulgence! Our absolute favourite were the custard filled malasadas, hot and melt in your mouth malasadas. The Staff were pleasant and patient wtih their customers which added to the experience. The only down side we felt, is that there wasn't enough seating outside to be able to eat our purchases before queuing up again for more!!! If we ever return to Hawaii, we'll be sure to 'queue' again at Leonard's Bakery!

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The malasadas were delish, we also got some pastries and they were great. The parking lot is usually full, and every time we drive by there their was a long line, buy well worth the wait.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Fortunately, Leonard's Bakery was on my way to work from the hotel in Waikiki when I was there in July for RIMPAC. What a great place to stop and grab some breakfast for you and the guys you are working with. All the other Navy and Air Force folks in the AOC were drooling when I opened the bags for my watch team, because they knew what they were missing. I like the coconut filled malasadas the best. It is a staple of my Reserve trips to Hawaii, and my wife loves Leonard's too. Go early for best parking, and shorter lines. 0600 works. :)

Reviewed September 27, 2012

It hurts to drive by almost everyday knowing that if I go in again I will eventually be at least 300 pounds. DELICIOUS but obviously not "good for you."