“Well Worth the Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 3660 On the Rise

3660 On the Rise
Ranked #246 of 2,340 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 3660 on the Rise opened its doors in September 1992 by partners Russell Siu and Gale Ogawa. Four banquet rooms were added in 1999. 3660 on the Rise. The name denotes the location of the restaurant at 3660 Waialae Avenue, on the corner of Waialae and Wilhelmina Rise. Even the logo has been carefully selected, itself being a map of the restaurant's location. The atmosphere of the dining area is inviting with a feeling of warmth. Its contemporary style blends in well with the architecture of the award-winning building. A combination of marble, granite and woods instills a comfortable feeling. The glass wall dividing the kitchen from the dining room allows for excitement, but not the noise that emanates from a kitchen. Euro-Island Cuisine. The menu reflects local flavors enhanced with the diverse cuisines of Europe and Asia. The plate presentations reflect many colors with the use of local ingredients. The flavors, a work of art to one's palate. To complement the food, an award-winning wine list with an array of offerings by the glass.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Well Worth the Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you are looking for something a little different and away from the hustle and bustle on downtown Waikiki, take a $12 cab and have a meal here. Beautifully cooked and presented, this was definitely the highlight restaurant of a recent trip.

• Visited August 2013

Seattle
“Great Place To Celebrate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant that is also a great value.I had dinner here with friends to celebrate a birthday. We all ordered different things and each was delicious. I had the lamb and it was perfectly cooked. The desserts were the best part. The sorbet trio was generous but not overwhelming.Finally, at the end of the night, as we were leaving the parking garage our waiter was waiting for us. I had inadvertently left my credit card and he chased us down to return it. I am grateful to him for catching us before we left!

Visited July 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Another Wonderful Anniversay Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had another wonderful Anniversary dinner at 3660 on the Rise. As always, the service was great and we were treated like VIPs from the time we walked in. We started with the Ahi Katsu (a nori wrapped blackened ahi) and the sampler platter (seafood tortellini, fried calamari, Crispy Garlic Scallion Prawns and Shichimi Seard Ahi). The Ahi Katsu (a signature dish) was wonderful as usual and form the sampler, all were delicious and the prawns and tortellini really stood out for me.

I had the 3660 Medley (marinated beef tenderloin), smoked bacon and tomato ragout, pan roasted chicken stuffed with hamm and truffled mozzarella and a fresh catch of the day fish). the tenderloin was great done to perfection, chicken was tender, moist and burst with flavor, the catch of the day (if I remember right, it was opah), was great, flakey, moist and succulent.

My wife had the Kurobuta Pork two ways. A garlic pork and a braised pork belly. Both were excellent with distinctly different tastes

My son had something he'd tried before, the rack of macadamia nut crusted lamb. Perfectly done to a medium rare, the lamb was tender, juicy and delicious.

My 3 year old daughter ordered off a Children's menu (first time we've seen this) and she had the spaghetti w/ meatballs. She say's it was really good and it must have been because she didn't share any with us.

For dessert, we shared the harlequin creme brulee, which was velvety smooth, and sweet, and a new dessert for us here the Penut butter caramel bar. This was a terrific combination of caramel, peanut butter and chocolate mousse on a praline crust. Now my second favorite dessert here next to the warm chocolate souffle cake which we did not order this time.

The comfortable welcoming atmosphere, attentive service and terrific food makes 3660 on the Rise a special treat for us every time.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Scott W
honolulu
“Alae steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is one of my favorite places to eat. The service and quality of the food never disappoints. I often get the Alae New York Steak but have also gotten the Copper River Salmon when they have it. Dessert is delicious and worth saving room for! Enjoy! (Reservations in advance)

Visited March 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Food at the Restaurant was Good but what made the experience great was the service that we recieved. We had a Group of 9 and the waiters were always attentive to our needs. I had a cough and without even asking, a waiter had a hot cup of water with lemon in front of me saying that this will sooth my throat. If are drinks ran close to empty, it was being refilled, and it felt like we were the most important guests that ate there. Needless to say I will be returning there as much as I could.

• Visited March 2013