“Consistently Delicious Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House - Honolulu

Ruth's Chris Steak House - Honolulu
Reserve with OpenTable
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Honolulu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #110 of 2,326 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Honolulu
Cross street: South Street
Transit: Directly across the street from the Waterfront Plaza/Restaurant Row complex.
Description: In 1965, Ruth Fertel mortgaged her home to buy a little steak house in New Orleans named Chris Steak House. After investing her life savings, she proudly added her name to the original. That's how the uniquely name Ruth's Chris Steak House was born. Ruth established this unique restaurant with no restaurant experience, but she vowed to treat every customer like a guest in her own home. And she clearly knew what steak lovers wanted - the very best beef. Today, as always, Ruth's Chris serves only the finest corn-fed Midwestern beef available, broiled in 1800-degree ovens designed by Ruth herself. The steaks are served sizzling on 500-degree plates so every bite is hot and delicious. And while steak is king, the menu also includes expertly executed seafood, lamb, pork, and poultry dishes, as well as classic appetizers, fresh salads, side dishes, and homemade desserts. The award-winning wine list features more than 250 world-class international and domestic labels. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect spot to gather. Unparalleled cuisine, sumptuous surroundings and service that's accomplished yet never fussy - these are the elements of memorable special events.
San Ramon, California
“Consistently Delicious Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food at Ruth’s Chris (Restaurant Row) is consistently delicious. This was the first time we tried their sweet potato casserole with pecan topping as one of the side dishes. Yummy! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it could be dessert!

Service makes a big difference in the quality of the experience. Our server, George, was terrific. We’ve been to this Ruth’s Chris several times but this time was the best and I attribute that to the attentive (but not intrusive) service provided by George.

Instead of a birthday cake with candles, how about strawberries flambé? Wonderful finale to our dinner and quite a presentation.

The tables at this location are close together but the waitstaff is very adept at navigating around the tables and one another.

Private dining rooms are available.

Validated parking available in the building.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
“It was good! Not great ..but GOOD!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I brought a group of business guest form Asia here. It was my first time at this restaurant.

THe first thing I noticed was the warm greetings I was given by the hostess as well as all the staff as I walked into the dining room. We were promptly seated and greetned by "Blake" who would be our server. Very friendly, knew the menu very well, in the end gave us very good service.
The menu is quite tempting with the variety of a la carte entrees, appetizers, sides, desserts, etc., In addition to the filet classic meal ($49), my crab cakes appetizer ($20) came to the table with the sauce still bubbling hot. My Caesar salad was scant on tomatoes and croutons, but the lettuce and cheese were ample, and the dressing was rich without being overpowering.

Ordering my filet medium-well did not compromise on its tenderness at all, though next time I'll know to order the filet medium. My side of green beans was accompanied by large cloves of roasted garlic.

I thought that the filet was a little too seasoned as was the shrimps, but the filet was terrific!

While dining, we compared our experience here to other steakhouses, such as the last one we visited in Chicago. The difference here is that your experience here is a "complete package" - it's seamless from start to finish, prompt but never rushed, friendly yet perfect professional service, and a setting appropriate for a classic night out.

So why did I rank it Very Good vs excellent? Price, you get what you pay for but I am not sure the price was worth the meal. It was good, would I return? for my family no, for business yes.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank F5993GMericd
Aiea, Hawaii, United States
“Excellent Service Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went there for a birthday dinner and we were not disappointed. The waiter was very knowledgable on all the wine list and food selections. When we got the food, it was perfect. The steak just melted in your mouth and the flavor was scrumptious. We were very surprised when they gave us a free strawberries on fire with chocolate for my boyfriend (his birthday) and also gave him a $20.00 gift card for being his birthday. THIS WAS AWESOME FOR A RESTAURANT TO GIVE A $20.00 GIFT CARD TO THE PERSON CELEBRATING THE BIRTHDAY!! EXCELLENT SERVICE, AMBIANCE, AND FANTASTIC FOOD!!! Will definitely go back!!!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Aieagirl
ontario
“The best steak Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you want the best ever,that's the place to go.The service was just great.went to celebrate our inlaws 50th anniversary,they spread rose petals on the table champagne for the anniversary couple ,a dessert and a gift card .WoW what a night.Everthing was super. M.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank marygelin
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always Top Knotch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Ruth's Chris is always number one in my book so my husband and decided to stop in for Christmas Dinner. So glad we did because I'm convinced we couldn't of got a better meal anywhere else. Everything from our oysters rockefeller, our stuffed mushrooms, our steak... everything was perfect. And the flourless chocolate cake... to die for! The service was impeccable. Thanks to everyone who worked on Christmas, you really made our night amazing.

• Visited December 2012