“Used to love ya.”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We try to visit each time we are in Honolulu. I think this was our fifth visit and will probably be our last. The first table we were seated at was wobbly, not uneven on the floor but the actual top of the table was looses and it was very distracting so we asked to be moved. The hostess had to check with somebody before she could move us, which I thought was weird but they moved us. We were greeted by the waitress and she advised us, first thing, that we needed to order quickly because there were a couple of large groups and she didn't want us to have to wait an exorbitant amount of time for our food. Immediately I felt rushed. I ordered the Miriam salad to start which was a mixed greens, pear and nut salad. The salad was good but there were only two minuscule pear pieces in the entire salad. My husband ordered the mussels and clams as his starter. The broth was delicious and the clams were good but the mussels, fishy so only ate one. For my entrée I ordered the special but they were out. It was only 6 PM! My second choice was the cheese raviolis in a pesto cream sauce and my husband ordered the pasta carbonara. The pasta was cooked perfectly, we didn't have a problem with that as other diners have complained of, and it was served piping hot which was terrific. My raviolis were good but the "pancetta" that was in my husband's rigatoni was giant and the bite I had was very tough. He didn't mind tho and thought it was pretty good. As far as the decor....there is no air conditioning and they have plastic tablecloths. Now, if you have bare skin and the plastic coated cloth rests on your knees/legs it's very uncomfortable so, I had to roll up the tablecloth so it would not touch my legs. And, instead of nice cloth napkins they use polyester napkins that are nonabsorbent and don't feel pleasant to use. We should have asked for paper ones, oh well. I must admit that I am nitpicking but it couldn't be helped. So goodbye Auntie Pasto's, we will not return.

1  Thank travler2130

Reviewed February 13, 2014

we are locals on the honolulu dining scene and have been guests at this restaurant perhaps 100 times over the last decade. OUR final visit was on February 12,2014. No one in our group will visit again. We will tell our friends to AVOID Auntie Pasto's. Sadly, the food preparation is terribly inco nsistent. with pastas have decended from normally al dente to last nights uniformly soggy. Ordering The pizza which has always been like shooting craps, is no longer worthth even a gambler's risk. Once reliably crisp, now often soggy, irregularly topped and cooked. This was never a good restaurant with good italian food. It was conveniently located and almost reasonably priced. Today, the simplest, most mundane pastas are nearly $12, while simple spaghetti with pesto is $14. A dinner salad is $5. Neither are good values even in high-priced Honolulu. Sorry to say this local restaurant is sliding downhill rapidly with variations in the quality of servers suitable for a jekyll and hyde movie. Really bad service is uncommon in most honolulu local spots. The service we received was the worst any of us have ever experienced. A year ago i would have strongly recommended this to all NOW i would suggest avoiding it at any price.

4  Thank diningtraveller
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Good food, small portions, so-so service.
Challenging parking.
I do take out. Makes me feel good to support small neighborhood diners like this.
Not many left in Honolulu.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Thought the food was below average (Crab Special, chicken alfredo, pizza, spaghetti) and the prices high (especially drinks). Family friendly and busy. Service was good but overall, not somewhere we'll be going back to.

2  Thank davvos
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We got a coupon on one of the sites and the reviews were ok. I had the chicken parm and the hubby had the eggplant parm. It came out in a pink sauce with a nasty taste, no motz in sight and apparently they had added the parm to the red sauce. The taste took three meals to get out of my mouth, The hubby who will eat anything gave up affter two bites. The eggplant was mushy and the sauce was just terrible. Amazingly I had to ask for Parm cheese for my pasta and it was fresh grated. The wine however was really good, and the owner did come over and tell us he was sorry. He tried to convince us to come back and keep our coupon and pay cash for the drinks but we would never set foot there again. I really should have known not to look for good Italian on an island in Paradise so I will take the blame on this one. For the good of all, avoid this one. P.S. the neighborhood was a bit uncomfortable for us as well as we waited for the bus to take us back to our timeshare. I should have cooked in.

1  Thank Fear-the-Redhead